bsr tuning exhaust, how loud?

sx_turbo

Reaction score
i need a new exhaust on the audi, stock exhaust are to expensive,

has anyone fitted the bsr tuning exhaust http://www.bsr-tuning.co.uk/products/4004214/

i dont want anything loud, want it pretty much quiet apart from when at WOT.

possibly thinking about purchasing there complete tuning kit aswell if i can talk the missus round.

anyone got any thoughts?

No experience of BSR kits. What about a resonated miltek exhaust?.....anything non resonated will be noisey I would have thought. Why BSR?

BR
A

Ok, but that's the exhaust ( cat back) only.....if you go for a stage 1 remap you can still use your existing downpipe and cat. However, if you go to stage 2 or above you will need a new downpipe and a race cat ....to get the extra horses.
If you are just needing a replacement exhaust why dont you buy a used one from a scrappies or ebay.....just a thought.....specially if you dont want a noisey exhaust.

BRA

Yeah that is just the exhaust,

They also do a complete tuning kit complete with sport cat and downpipe and remap for £1500, which is a good price if what I can find elsewhere on the web is to be believed. (None of what I found is on Audi's)

A used exhaust IMO is pointless, chances are the used exhaust will be in a similar state to mine, and seeing its a pig of a job I don't fancy doing it more than I have to.

Ideally I just want to replace the exhaust for now, but am tempted with the tuning kit, though realistically its not gonna happen as have a wedding to pay for.

Yeah that is just the exhaust,

They also do a complete tuning kit complete with sport cat and downpipe and remap for £1500, which is a good price if what I can find elsewhere on the web is to be believed. (None of what I found is on Audi's)

A used exhaust IMO is pointless, chances are the used exhaust will be in a similar state to mine, and seeing its a pig of a job I don't fancy doing it more than I have to.

Ideally I just want to replace the exhaust for now, but am tempted with the tuning kit, though realistically its not gonna happen as have a wedding to pay for.

Yes, you won't get much change from 1.5k for a proper job.....you can probably get it done for cheaper but you want some kind of comeback if there was post work issues.....I never could justify the extra money for an exhaust system....especially as the extra power gains you get between stage 1 and 2 remaps are only about 5-8 bhp if you are lucky....hence why I am stuck on stage 1....what's wrong with your exhaust anyway? Oh, and that stage 2 remap and exhaust is tenth of what a cheap wedding costs! hehehe Good luck either way!

BR
A

Lol

I just have a split in the weld on the left hand rear box, I tried welding it up but its just rust and the weld won't take gummed it up for now with gum gum