Bilstein B4 & H&R 35mm fitted

locost47

Reaction score
Finally got around to fitting new Bilstein B4 and 35mm H&R springs to my 06 A3 tdi sport. Car had done 112k so thought suspension and top mount bearings could do with a refresh. Wanted at least the same comfort as before and a small drop. The ride with the B4's and 35mm H&R is actually more comfortable than the standard sport set up also absorbing the larger bumps better. Has sharpened the car up a good bit and got rid of the floaty feeling. If you are thinking of going for a 35mm drop and need replacement shocks I would recommend this combination, although I would imagine it would be too soft if you intend on tracking the car.

The shocks that came off after 112k actually were in good shape with plenty of bump and rebound damping, as were the top mount bearings, although the new bearings has made the steering slightly lighter which I prefer. :)

For reference my old A3 8P tdi (Similar mileage) only had the 35mm H&R fitted to the standard shocks and didn't feel as sharp or comfortable over bad bumps in the road.

Will post pics when I get some decent rims to replace the standard 17".

Reactions: leshkin and NHN
Great to hear as my B8's although corner really well are tad hard, so was thinking B4's to replace them with.

I must have a different set but my B8's with eibachs are the business it should come from the factory like this, handling is far better far comfier to.

Finally got around to fitting new Bilstein B4 and 35mm H&R springs to my 06 A3 tdi sport. Car had done 112k so thought suspension and top mount bearings could do with a refresh. Wanted at least the same comfort as before and a small drop. The ride with the B4's and 35mm H&R is actually more comfortable than the standard sport set up also absorbing the larger bumps better. Has sharpened the car up a good bit and got rid of the floaty feeling. If you are thinking of going for a 35mm drop and need replacement shocks I would recommend this combination, although I would imagine it would be too soft if you intend on tracking the car.

The shocks that came off after 112k actually were in good shape with plenty of bump and rebound damping, as were the top mount bearings, although the new bearings has made the steering slightly lighter which I prefer. :)

For reference my old A3 8P tdi (Similar mileage) only had the 35mm H&R fitted to the standard shocks and didn't feel as sharp or comfortable over bad bumps in the road.

Will post pics when I get some decent rims to replace the standard 17".
Im actually considering this setup as i dont want to compromise the comfort of my A1tdi sport. I just want a noticeable amount of drop but still have comfort and off course better handling. This helps alot.