A-Sure RNS-E HU review

Spiezels

Reaction score
Thought i'd give a little run down on these in case anyone is looking for a cheaper alternative to an OEM RNS-E

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/221601091925?_mwBanner=1

Basically, stay away. I'm sure many know to stick away from the cheaper Chinese units anyway but seriously stick to it.

Firstly it's too lighter grey, so doesn't match if you have black or dark grey trim

cc97e8dbc9949d0a22b9a62455c24153.jpg

the plastic on the facia is so delicate, you can scratch it with your ****** nails so sticking removal keys in the slots is perilous. I also ended up pulling the facia away from the unit slightly (in a rage) so that's not even connected well. The buttons are also a little delicate, feel like you could crush em.

The Sat Nav doesn't have the number of my house even though the street is in London and must be about 200 years old.

It also can't seem to handle running the radio and Sat Nav at once, it keeps cutting out and re booting.

The radio signal seems to wobble almost, the audio goes slightly muffled then uber clear as you drive along which is incredibly annoying. Hoping an amplifier may help this... If only I could get the ******* thing out now.

The menu interface is pants, slow and touchscreen bits too close together so you hit the wrong bit all the time.

I thought I'd save a little dollar buying this one... It's true what they say, "buy cheap, buy twice" I'm just gonna rip the ******* thing out, put my symphony back in until I can bare forking out for an RNS-E.

The fact it has DVD, two USB in's and 2 micro SD slots is cool but those bits really don't outweigh the bad.

£250 down the Facking drain, JOY!

Cheers folks, there's a warning for you, peace!

Reactions: GrahamS4 and mister.c.
Thanks for this just browsing ebay and seen one, thought i'd google it and up pops your review.

Wouldn't want anyone to make my mistake.

Little update, their customer service dept are good with communication and are trying to sort me a new sat nav software which may stop the rebooting problem, I'm yet to fit the amplifier cable too to sort the signal, god knows if it will work.

Basically almost a month after buying its cost me am extra £20 breaking the facia to get it to a semi full working point.

Still waiting on a sat nav update though.

Save up the extra and get a proper unit.

Reactions: mister.c. and LEE69