BW 13, 14, 15, & 16

Finally picked up my 1.4 stronic Cab S tronic this morning and drove back to Manchester in the rain. Motorway and then stop start city traffic. Delighted with the operation of the adaptive cruise control and S tronic in city traffic. Glad that I had read the posts on here to assist me in understanding how to use it. Also pleased I specced the Hold assist 90 pound option. One interesting moment with S tronic adaptive cruise control was when the brakes were automatically applied when I was further away from the car in front than I would have done if I had been applying them myself and luckily the car behind was alert enough not to drive into my rear (at 2 miles an hour). mono purr is of course excellent and not had a chance to look at lighting pack yet.
I KNOW all of this is personal preference, but I noted that the loan car that I had had for a few weeks whilst my prev cab was sold and my new one was en route which was diesel and sports suspension and standard lighting and standard SD sat nav was not to my taste compared to Tech Pack high (speed of operation) and comfort of ride and the start stop is more jerky in a diesel than a petrol. All personal preference I know. Now need to be do a bit more work and then a drive on works business up to Windermere later. Hope to apply crystal lacquer etc over the weekend. Also, the dealership were great and the Voice activation is now sorted!!
Stronic 1

Reactions: Ignition1, Brasso, 15audis3 and 3 others
I hate confiscated, the dunlops are much better.

Reactions: phil1824
Collected mine today. I was worried prior to seeing it that it wouldn't be anywhere near as nice as the sline

I have to be honest as I added the Xenons I'm thrilled with the look of it. Now to get used to stronic

Reactions: Rob2k68
Collected mine today. I was worried prior to seeing it that it wouldn't be anywhere near as nice as the sline

I have to be honest as I added the Xenons I'm thrilled with the look of it. Now to get used to stronic

Fantastic news !! How was the handover - any pics to share ?

c6f9375d178c0c46979b1cb1218bd229.jpg
loving the colour and the S tronic

Reactions: Simon L, Minion Bob!, Brasso and 1 other person
Will post my tips later. Application took an hour. Used this much.
5162db56bef50d47f2fa8434a332eede.jpg

Bought the large applicator pads. Looked at the video produced by the MD of the company and followed his process which is different than in their web site
Was extremely wary of getting it wrong. Used panel wipe prior to applying. Dealer at my request did not apply polish, so no polish to remove
Am waiting four hours then Exo

Will post my tips later. Application took an hour. Used this much.
5162db56bef50d47f2fa8434a332eede.jpg

Bought the large applicator pads. Looked at the video produced by the MD of the company and followed his process which is different than in their web site
Was extremely wary of getting it wrong. Used panel wipe prior to applying. Dealer at my request did not apply polish, so no polish to remove
Am waiting four hours then Exo

Awesome! Looking forward to the tips :) really interested in doing this

Used four applicators and four Halfords microfibres. Did one or two panels at a time dependent on panel size. Made sure panel buffed twice within 15 minutes of starting panel.
54a0c1f7cd40264e45243166ae0dfd32.jpg

e07a6d00b5f8ed5a55243a072b2dabd6.jpg

483b1887479efb6fbd844436f8591ae9.jpg

f913dbed9d209a5606f4ca886e9ca19f.jpg

Reactions: Simon L and Ignition1
Job done!! Started 0900. Now keep out of rain for 3 hours and then check hydrophobic effect!!
85ba9c5a4beeed5277f97b3317379a2c.jpg

"Just saying" I LOVE my car... Best car I have ever owned and I have had a few...

Finally picked up my 1.4 stronic Cab S tronic this morning and drove back to Manchester in the rain. Motorway and then stop start city traffic. Delighted with the operation of the adaptive cruise control and S tronic in city traffic. Glad that I had read the posts on here to assist me in understanding how to use it. Also pleased I specced the Hold assist 90 pound option. One interesting moment with S tronic adaptive cruise control was when the brakes were automatically applied when I was further away from the car in front than I would have done if I had been applying them myself and luckily the car behind was alert enough not to drive into my rear (at 2 miles an hour). mono purr is of course excellent and not had a chance to look at lighting pack yet.
I KNOW all of this is personal preference, but I noted that the loan car that I had had for a few weeks whilst my prev cab was sold and my new one was en route which was diesel and sports suspension and standard lighting and standard SD sat nav was not to my taste compared to Tech Pack high (speed of operation) and comfort of ride and the start stop is more jerky in a diesel than a petrol. All personal preference I know. Now need to be do a bit more work and then a drive on works business up to Windermere later. Hope to apply crystal lacquer etc over the weekend. Also, the dealership were great and the Voice activation is now sorted!!
View attachment 57725

Looks the business Phil and you must be delighted. Also lucky you got a MY15 and not 16 else you may have had a higher CO2 figure. Mine is 109 (£20 a year road tax) but new models delivered now are 114 (£30). No great extra cost but who knows what'll happen in the future. I see you said that you got the Voice Activation set up. I know this was a bane of your previous car so did Audi finally admit they could get it working on a Cab? And the finish you have achieved with C1 Crystal Lacquer is amazing.

Looks the business Phil and you must be delighted. Also lucky you got a MY15 and not 16 else you may have had a higher CO2 figure. Mine is 109 (£20 a year road tax) but new models delivered now are 114 (£30). No great extra cost but who knows what'll happen in the future. I see you said that you got the Voice Activation set up. I know this was a bane of your previous car so did Audi finally admit they could get it working on a Cab? And the finish you have achieved with C1 Crystal Lacquer is amazing.
Thanks. My Dealer very kindly activated it for me. Wont say who it was in case Audi say it should not have been done. Looking on the web I see other dealers have also done it.

The wait is almost over!

My new S3 is somewhere in California now, it arrived in San Diego a week ago. I expect to hear from my dealer either this weekend or sometime next week. Can't wait to drive it up to Skyline and down HW 84 to the ocean.