A3 sline modifications

Wettz_A3sline

Reaction score
hi guys I'm new to the forum so just getting into things. I've owned my a3 sline for just over a year inhave so far got a miltek straight through decat a k and n induction and EGR delete had it remapped yesterday and it turned out at 198.6bhp I wasn't bestbpleased as I was hoping for a little more. I thought about getting a front mount intercooler and a bigger hybrid or garret turbo was just wondering if there is any other mods anyone would recommend or if anyone knows where to get a better turbo or intercooler from thanks in advance :)

Hey Buddy

Same! What engine size are you running and year?

Hey Buddy

Same! What engine size are you running and year?

It's a 2.0 litre mate running 170bhp standard so with the mods ive got and remap took it up to 198.6bhp but I'm looking for more! What about you mate?

my mapped 2.0T made 260bhp on the rollers the other day with approx 0.6 bar of boost, changed the n75 and its a lot quicker now :) try logging at wot and see if it all looks right

whats the ft lbs figures ? but bhp does sound low ?

It's a 2.0 litre mate running 170bhp standard so with the mods ive got and remap took it up to 198.6bhp but I'm looking for more! What about you mate?

I got a 2.0TFSI all standard at the moment, is your's diesel? If you want more performance get a wider exhaust, maybe a 2.5" bore system, would cost about £400-600 but may give some better figures

I got remap from a local company called rmc tuning ok thanks got the advice il give it ago I think it was something like 398ft/lbs but that's off the top of my head I thought it sounded abit low I was told it should be 210 -220bhp ive gt a straight through miltek de cat onit at the moment whih I think is 2.5 I know it wouldn't get that much more power but just think figures seem abit low

Depending on which tuning company you go to they each quote different estimated figures. From my research (I've got the same engine and considering a map), the most respected mappers quote about 200hp for a standard car but as figures can very greatly between dynos, it's all about how the car drives really.

You bought the wrong car! Almost 200hp for this engine is not bad going. It is nearly always cheaper and more sensible to buy a faster car. Don't waste any more money on trying to make a diesel go faster, that's not what they are built for. Lol your trying to turn Mo Farah into Usain Bolt

Reactions: RobCrezz, Ash187 and grainqey
Dont bother. Sell it and get a S3 or the 2.0T Quattro A3, much easier to squeeze more power out.

Reactions: grainqey
Dont bother. Sell it and get a S3 or the 2.0T Quattro A3, much easier to squeeze more power out.

I completely disagree with you. Yes, the S3 has more power as standard, but you can squeeze more % of power out of a diesel with the same amount of money.

Hint: Diesel can run on air to fuel mixtures above 14.7, which gasoline engines dislike.

I completely disagree with you. Yes, the S3 has more power as standard, but you can squeeze more % of power out of a diesel with the same amount of money.

Hint: Diesel can run on air to fuel mixtures above 14.7, which gasoline engines dislike.

% gain is a pointless figure when wanting a performance car, the fact is that the S3 starts with more power and performance than 99% of modified A3 TDIs.

Hint? lol, what relevance does the fuel mixture have? You will still have to spend a large amount of cash to get the same performance out of an A3 TDI

yes but we wont be driving into the himalayas?

You totally misunderstood, as I expected many people would, so I will try again:

You can force more air with turbocharger and get more power with diesel compared to gasoline.

% gain is a pointless figure when wanting a performance car, the fact is that the S3 starts with more power and performance than 99% of modified A3 TDIs.

Hint? lol, what relevance does the fuel mixture have? You will still have to spend a large amount of cash to get the same performance out of an A3 TDI

That is why a TDI is much cheaper to begin with. Of course you cannot expect the same power as you would in a modded S3 (which is a better vehicle in my opinion), but going anywhere above 400bhp on a car of this type is ridiculuous. That's why there's the RS series.

My hint was just in place, if you didn't understand, read above.

And the petrol (gasoline) engine can rev much higher, translating the torque it does have into more Power.

sorry Rideen, I did miss your point, however the current generation of diesel A3's don't run at a high enough fuel rail pressure to properly atomize the diesel in order to release the potential power available