What have you done to your 8V today?

Decided on a little TLC this morning - been neglectful of late.
IMG 0685

Reactions: Scottyg, SW14NY'S, Simon L and 6 others
Hello , this is the summary of my mods so far.

- Remove airbag stickers from passenger sunshade
Before:
Parasol_1.jpg

After:
Parasol_4.jpg

- Change frontpanel to incorporate one button to "homemade homelink"
Botonera_final.jpg

- Buy sline thresholds to rear doors (from May 2015, Audi has decided not to incorporate it in the Sline)
Before:
Umbral_antes_1.jpg

After:
Umbral_antes_2.jpg

- Buy mini ashtray:
Wti7uzt.jpg

- w5w Warning door lights to led:
Brico_warning_5.jpg

and a lot of more mods in vagcom.
"Homemade homelink" in the front panel??? What what what??? How did you do this?

Right all done

I'm happy with the finish and think it blends in nicely. There are a few imperfections as the can was running out and 'spitting' paint at the end but overall I'm not fussed as it's all dark inside anyway and not visible haha.

Also pulled off the lining before painting, didn't pay too much attention to how much plastic was visible before, so could have / should have pained a bit more of the inside (thought the lining covered more than it did), but again, not fussed as 99% of the time you won't see the inside haha

Fitting of the product seems good, I wouldn't say it is 100% as solid as the grab handles, understandable though since the clip mechanism is a Chinese copy.

8/10 overall to the product and my painting haha. Much better and more useful than the grab handle. Allows for easy switching between normal glasses and sunglasses

Will edit a link into here shortly...

EDIT: eBay item number 262504722320

Let me know what you think!

View attachment 97358 View attachment 97359 View attachment 97360 View attachment 97361
Can you fit larger sunglasses in these or only the mostly fold-flat kind?

Seen those alloys on a white one before, they do look good:

media

Yeah they are,l dont know why everyone was says they would be a PITA...to clean,a set of wheel woolies sorts that out

Reactions: Nytro, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Yeah they are,l dont know why everyone was says they would be a PITA...to clean,a set of wheel woolies sorts that out

Rather you than me !!!

Reactions: Nytro, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Washed both cars today... Orders..lol :whip:
Payback= Leaving her car at the airport...:haha:
DSC 0426

Reactions: Pook, Scottyg, Nytro and 6 others
Minted especially "HER "car at the Airport.....so deep in love l see lol man after me own heart...........
Yeah. I really love my car..............Oh! you mean my Jackie?...lol.:whistle2:

Reactions: Nytro, Max-Robbo, Simon L and 2 others
Lol...My bad..She's wondering why I have a big grin looking over the laptop ..lol
View attachment 98602

.......as long as yer right hand isn't moving up n down in a rhythmic motion I reckon you'll be in the clear mate.................:whistle2:

Reactions: Nytro, Jassyo06, pburv and 2 others
Seen those alloys on a white one before, they do look good:

media

Someone at my work has a Floret Silver TT with the 20" alloys. The profile of the tyre is incredibly low, and the alloys are soooo close to the ground. They must also take an age to clean, having to attend to all 80 spokes! :D

Reactions: Nytro, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
Can you fit larger sunglasses in these or only the mostly fold-flat kind?
Hmm well I have a pair of these below but they do fold relatively flat I guess

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/tb9057-sun-rx-09

Something that is big and chunkier, meaning it wouldn't fold as flat 'may' not fit, like this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Nm-q51Afu...h0YXrhrc534/s1600/Armani-Sunglasses-Style.jpg

But I'm just guessing. To think about it though, the holder would probably just be a bit more 'open' rather than right up against the headlining, it would still hold the glasses I think?

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and pburv
Today I will no doubt, as always, be mostly spending it trawling through the Internet, pointlessly dreaming of bigger turbos, custom mapping, coilovers, DTM bodykits, picnic bench rear wing :tearsofjoy: and all sorts of motor sporting paraphernalia that I can't buy until my warranty runs out and I've finally moved house...:weary::sleepy::confounded::scared2:

Reactions: Max-Robbo, Simon L, Nytro and 2 others
Someone at my work has a Floret Silver TT with the 20" alloys. The profile of the tyre is incredibly low, and the alloys are soooo close to the ground. They must also take an age to clean, having to attend to all 80 spokes! :D
I'd imagine the slightest pot hole would also be a worry!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
I looked at mine and thought ..................................... wow that's shiny after a quick four hour clean on Saturday.

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
I looked at mine and thought ..................................... wow that's shiny after a quick four hour clean on Saturday.
Come on! You should know by now......Pics please or it didn't happen...lol

Reactions: SJ43, Simon L and Rob2k68
Today I will no doubt, as always, be mostly spending it trawling through the Internet, pointlessly dreaming of bigger turbos, custom mapping, coilovers, DTM bodykits, picnic bench rear wing :tearsofjoy: and all sorts of motor sporting paraphernalia that I can't buy until my warranty runs out and I've finally moved house...:weary::sleepy::confounded::scared2:
I've had my brand new S3 2 weeks and I'm just about ready to say screw it to the warranty and I'll take my chances.
But I'm reckless and a gambler.
And I want about 50% more power atm I think. Not doing that with my warranty intact.

Reactions: SJ43, Simon L, Rumpelkillskins and 2 others
@steeve - Any more in love with the sepang then mate ? :D

Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68 and pburv
Took mine in for its first service yesterday, removed the MTM M-Cantronic but left everything else in situ. Also had my MMI cable and S3 keyring replaced - cable has been a bit hit-and-miss, and the keyring had split!
Alice the Service advisor LOVED the car and we ended up having a long chat about her amplified TT TDi and how best to tune it!

Reactions: SJ43, Nytro, MattSedg and 3 others
Took mine in for its first service yesterday, removed the MTM M-Cantronic but left everything else in situ. Also had my MMI cable and S3 keyring replaced - cable has been a bit hit-and-miss, and the keyring had split!
Alice the Service advisor LOVED the car and we ended up having a long chat about her amplified TT TDi and how best to tune it!

As long as that's all ye done with Alice...... Lol

Reactions: Pook, SpeedyFrog, SJ43 and 4 others
So sorry to see this...Best not talk about it then...:sadlike:
Hope you get it sorted soon mate..:friends:
Gonna try some very light wet&dry paper then a cutting polish I think. Provider of rims has a touchup pen he says match the rims perfectly. I'll post when done in next couple of days.
Received carbon mirror caps. RS3 Style grille should land today (black audi rings coming) and Bilstein B14 PSS are being shipped post haste!
Still no luck with finding black window trim which doesn't require a second mortgage. Vinyl wrappers wont do it. Professional spraypainters dont want to know about it,
.....and I felt that if I got Audi to do it I'd be taking advantage of them at such a low cost of $3400AUD:wtf:
Still looking for a solution.

Reactions: pburv, Simon L, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Not a post ye want to hit the like button on mate :grumpy:
What about this one lol? Repaired rim today. Found a touchup paint with perfect match. "treadwear 200" on the tyre is where the damage is.Pretty much right on the 200.
T1
T2
T3

Reactions: richinsoton, pburv, Simon L and 3 others
Also, a very busy day for me. Found a $30 solution to my $3400 window trim problem. And how lucky was I !! Check the colour match!!!
P1
P2
P3

Reactions: N88 RBN, pburv, Simon L and 4 others
Hi , I 've spent the last 2 hours looking for pictures that someone published a few weeks where interior trim painted in Sepang ago.
I thought they were in this thread and I've entire tour, but can not find them , does anyone know where they are?

thank you!

Reactions: pburv, FrA1l3 and Rob2k68