RS3 brake set-up

gaz24s3

Reaction score
Hi , ive been offered a full RS3 front brake set-up for my S3 my08.. just want to know if they are a straight fit?? i know i will need some spacers, but apart from that is there anything else i need??

cheers Gaz

No, you need TTRS discs not RS3 ones, the RS3 discs have the wrong offset for your S3 mate. Calipers are fine.

Will RS3 discs fit if you happen to have a replica, hence the wider front wings etc? Will the offset on Rs3 discs act as a spacer to fill the arch? Cheers

No, the difference is that the disc wont line up with the caliper, it will be 10mm off each side.

Wont work mate, you need TTRS discs.

So if I'm thinking correctly? possibly a 10mm spacer needed where calliper is located? Or like you said TTRS discs

cheers for the info guys, ive been looking at part numbers for the discs and they share the same part number from the results ive found on a few websites!! cheers gaz

Ive got a set of genuine TTrs discs on the shelf...................

How much are they GAZ? Does anyone have Rs callipers.

The guys looking for £600 for the full front set up, they are virtually brand new as well..

TTRS discs part number starts 8J and RS3 starts 8P. RS3 will not fit at all don't even entertain it. You will probably need a 10mm wheel spacer so the wheels clear the caliper with TTRS discs if you push the calipers out with a 10mm caliper spacer to fit RS3 discs (which i think you would be mad to do) you would need a 20mm wheel spacer and you would get issues keeping the wheels under the arches.

ok cheers for the advice everyone, think i will give this option a miss then.. seem more trouble than its worth. nothing's ever that simple it seems!!

cheers gaz

I am about to fit this.. It's not that hard or expensive you just have to be patient and hunt for the right parts. RS3 or TTRS calipers, TTRS discs, HEL braided lines for RS3, Spacers for wheels. Pads and brake fluid of your choice...

So far its cost me
Calipers (RS3) £400
Discs TTRS 8J0 615 301 F £400
HEL RS3 Brake Lines + Fluid £60
Front Spacers £90
Pads (Pagid RS4-2's) £220

I got myself rs calipers from muzza and I went for the tts fitting kit from ask tuning, disks, with pagid pads and new carriers looks awsum not really tested them yet but can feel the difference on even normal driving, if you still have oem wheels don't know what clearance will be like I only needed 5mm spacer but I've got vw racing wheels

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but what are the differences in offset between RS3 and TTRS discs. In the post @Muzza80 does say the difference is 10mm each side but when looking online at both discs, They both say 370mm x 32mm. Can someone please shed some light on this? I'm not denying the differences between the two discs because I know the offset is definitely different but what are the actual offsets of both discs?
Thanks

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but what are the differences in offset between RS3 and TTRS discs. In the post @Muzza80 does say the difference is 10mm each side but when looking online at both discs, They both say 370mm x 32mm. Can someone please shed some light on this? I'm not denying the differences between the two discs because I know the offset is definitely different but what are the actual offsets of both discs?
Thanks

The disc are both 370x32mm but the bells offset the disc friction surface by a different margin on each platform, they're not compatible at all mate, as for the specific offsets, no idea, never had the need to know that.

Reactions: AudiLeon96
If you are putting RS3 discs on an S3 you'll need mk5 GTI hubs. TT RS discs fit straight on to the S3, and you'll need a 12mm spacer to clear the caliper. It will be tight on 18's but I run them. The wheels fit nicely under the arch also.

I got myself rs calipers from muzza and I went for the tts fitting kit from ask tuning, disks, with pagid pads and new carriers looks awsum not really tested them yet but can feel the difference on even normal driving, if you still have oem wheels don't know what clearance will be like I only needed 5mm spacer but I've got vw racing wheels

Vagbremtechnic do a fitting kit for the rs3 calipers, then just get their 340 j hooks, fit perfectly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks @KieranS3 & @mechanic69. The reason I ask is because I have sourced a set of 18's that fit over the RS3 8v 8pot brakes but the wheel needs a 9mm spacer to clear the spokes and at this point the wheels will stick too far out the arch. So I had the idea of potentially buying and fitting the rs3 8p discs which sit further in by 10mm than the ttrs discs which I have double checked by finally finding the offset info online. With it sitting 10mm further in surely I can get custom caliper brackets made up to sit the caliper 10mm further in to match thus leaving me with enough clearance to run the wheel without any spacers allowing the wheel to stay inside the arch. Only possible issue is whether the disc will hit the ball joint under the strut arm. In a perfect world I'd need to find the man (or woman) who initially test fitted the rs3 discs and informed everyone that they needed ttrs discs instead because he or she will be able to tell me if the rs3 disc touched the ball joint or any other workings for that matter. I know there are easier ways to fit brakes without having to go through all that trouble but I'm determined to get it all working the way it's planned out in my head because I've been very meticulous as to what I do and don't want on the car e.g. (no 19s, no non-oem wheels, no arch rolling etc) so I must find a way to work with the parts I've got. @KieranS3 I know this is a throw in the dark question but do you know/remember at all how much clearance there was/is between your ttrs discs and your ball joint? Need whatever info I can get as I'm planning quite an extensive build thread so watch this space

Thanks @KieranS3 & @mechanic69. The reason I ask is because I have sourced a set of 18's that fit over the RS3 8v 8pot brakes but the wheel needs a 9mm spacer to clear the spokes and at this point the wheels will stick too far out the arch. So I had the idea of potentially buying and fitting the rs3 8p discs which sit further in by 10mm than the ttrs discs which I have double checked by finally finding the offset info online. With it sitting 10mm further in surely I can get custom caliper brackets made up to sit the caliper 10mm further in to match thus leaving me with enough clearance to run the wheel without any spacers allowing the wheel to stay inside the arch. Only possible issue is whether the disc will hit the ball joint under the strut arm. In a perfect world I'd need to find the man (or woman) who initially test fitted the rs3 discs and informed everyone that they needed ttrs discs instead because he or she will be able to tell me if the rs3 disc touched the ball joint or any other workings for that matter. I know there are easier ways to fit brakes without having to go through all that trouble but I'm determined to get it all working the way it's planned out in my head because I've been very meticulous as to what I do and don't want on the car e.g. (no 19s, no non-oem wheels, no arch rolling etc) so I must find a way to work with the parts I've got. @KieranS3 I know this is a throw in the dark question but do you know/remember at all how much clearance there was/is between your ttrs discs and your ball joint? Need whatever info I can get as I'm planning quite an extensive build thread so watch this space
I didn’t even look to be fair because they just bolted up and worked. I can check tomorrow though. Here’s how close my caliper sits to the spokes with a 12mm spacer. The caliper it’s self sits so tight to the barrel of the wheel you can’t run wheel weights with 18’s so bear that in mind.

Attachments

• 273A1CEC-94DC-448B-BDF8-21386046862C.jpeg
    273A1CEC-94DC-448B-BDF8-21386046862C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 116
Here’s one of the full wheel

Attachments

• F6DAEDBD-3DD1-4858-B518-E6F872F47D90.jpeg
    F6DAEDBD-3DD1-4858-B518-E6F872F47D90.jpeg
    891.6 KB · Views: 118
Here’s one of the full wheel
Your brake set up is beautiful! There's nothing more satisfying (for me) than seeing huge brakes under 18s. Also yeah that'd be great if you could maybe get under the car and have a look behind the disc to see how much clearance there is. If you don't get round to it then don't worry, I'll just keep my eye out for some rs3 discs as they go cheap on the bay from time to time.