Help needed! Pre-facelift headlights fit facelift?

a3_Ollie

Reaction score
Hi guys thought someone may be able to help, doing a facelift conversion from my pre 2005 facelift to single grill(2007), wondering if I need to change headlights or will they fit?

2005 double grill to 2007 single grill?? For the extra few quid you may as well go for 2010 front end guys, parts are cheap enough in standard form. Definitely makes a lot more sense and will add a lot more value surely

Pretty much most of what you'll need to change anyway. Wings, bonnet, front panel, bumper and headlights, front bumper bar with shocker sections. If I can remember that's it everything is a direct replacement bolt on bolt off replacement buddy, you'll be sorry if you don't do it. I done a 2008 pre facelift to an Rs3 facelift. If I was doing it again I would do an S3 due to costly Rs3 parts. Should only take you a day or possibly 2 at the most before paint.

Yeah thought that would be the case, think I'll go for the 2008-2012 s line facelift, I could source most parts but what do you mean by front panel, front bumper bar and shocker sections? Thanks for the help bro appreciate it!

Same as this pal, all front end comes off easy and pretty much as 1, you will need to fit your existing rad pack etc to the front panel section as link below. You will also see bumper bar section with impact sections attached

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301484708491

That link may be for the latest shape A3 so you get the gist.
you'll need 2010-2012 parts.

to convert from this:

Frontbefore.jpg

To this:

CIMG0334.jpg

You just need to replace the front bumper, fogs and the bonnet... thats it. the headlights and everything else is the same.

but if you want to go to this:

Calandre%20S3%20sur%20a3%20Facelift%203.jpg

Then you need to replace the bumper, grill, bonnet, wings, headlights, crash bar, rad surround, bonnet lock, hinges, brackets, arch liners, under tray extension and fogs (don't think i missed anything)
Its a lot more work too (i know as i have done it myself)

hope that clears it up for you

No you only need to replace or cut the crash bar when fitting the prefacelift S3 bumper. If your doing an sline or sport convention then the crash bar is not needed