B7 Cab Retrofit Tail Lights?

I guess if you keep the existing wiring loom from B6 and modify B7 casings a bit, I should be able to do it as B6 has got foglights and reverse lights on both sides.

Reactions: VagPro
I was thinking about putting some resistors on so that no bulb warning comes on.

One more thing, which side has the fog light and which has the reverse light in the UK?

Looks like the only difference is that the B6 had a reverse light on both sides and the B7 only has a reverse light on the RHS, therefore you would need to fool the car. (I've attached the diagrams, note the B7 in the UK does not have a reverse light on the LHS)

Just check and make sure of any other differences on the wiring diagrams, I havent printed them off and checked line by line.

Ok calculating what size resistor you need, you put a multimeter in series of the reverse light and see what current the control unit passes through to check if a bulb is there. For example if you read 0.5 Amps

EXAMPLE Power calculation
Power = Volts x Amps
Power = 12 x 0.5
Power = 6 Watts

EXAMPLE Resistance calculation
Resistance = Voltage / Current
Resistance = 12 / 0.5
Resistance = 24 Ohms

You need to use the current value to measure in the calculation above, obviously test it all and make sure the resistor is not getting hot in service

P.S. The wiring diagrams also have the pin outs.

Screenshot 2015 01 25 130552 Screenshot 2015 01 25 130600 Screenshot 2015 01 25 130609 Screenshot 2015 01 25 130620

Last edited:
Reactions: variosso
Looks like the only difference is that the B6 had a reverse light on both sides and the B7 only has a reverse light on the RHS, therefore you would need to fool the car. (I've attached the diagrams, note the B7 in the UK does not have a reverse light on the LHS)

Just check and make sure of any other differences on the wiring diagrams, I havent printed them off and checked line by line.

Ok calculating what size resistor you need, you put a multimeter in series of the reverse light and see what current the control unit passes through to check if a bulb is there. For example if you read 0.5 Amps

EXAMPLE Power calculation
Power = Volts x Amps
Power = 12 x 0.5
Power = 6 Watts

EXAMPLE Resistance calculation
Resistance = Voltage / Current
Resistance = 12 / 0.5
Resistance = 24 Ohms

You need to use the current value to measure in the calculation above, obviously test it all and make sure the resistor is not getting hot in service

P.S. The wiring diagrams also have the pin outs.

View attachment 49065 View attachment 49066 View attachment 49067 View attachment 49068
Many thanks or your help. I was actually thinking about leaving the bulb somewhere at the back and leaving it in some kind of enclosure to prevent the heat.

I'm not in a hurry with them anyways, I may be heading up north at some point next month. Unless you're coming around London. I'll give you a shout so that we could meet up. Thanks.