6 Speed Short Shift S3 ?

Looks the same as the 8L offering. I tried one on my previous 8L S3, a Neuspeed version, and it was on and off within 50 miles.

Felt awful to me, it took all the stroke out of forward direction, but next to nothing out of the backward stroke if irrc, and for me was more likey to result in a missed gear when making progress.

Some liked it, and the TT forum which used the same part, seemed to love it, but I didnt.
Maybe the TT had a different linkage at the gear stick end that made all the difference, that the S3 didnt.

Easy to fit and remove if you want to try it though.

Reactions: grchmason
Very much like the Forge and others of it's kind.

I don't have one on my car,as I'm happy with the feel and throw of the stock system,but it's like Marmite,you'll either like it or hate it.

Great advice guys and thanks for all your opinions on that note I think I will give it a miss so glad I asked now lol!

Now what else can I buy hmmmm!!!!!

:kissmyrings:

Great advice guys and thanks for all your opinions on that note I think I will give it a miss so glad I asked now lol!

Sequential shift....you know you want one.

Reactions: Smirky, S. and grchmason

Quite right mate.
I tried one of the ebay ones on my previous car and the first thing you notice is they don't have the extra ballast weight on the shifter so you lose the oem feel.
Gears were a bit is it in properly?
Done about 30 miles and took it off and sold it.
Never again.
I now fit the 42 draft design bushes to the end links which helps as it takes away the rubbery feeling you have at the lever.

I've got this exact shifter on my S3 and personally think it is a fantastic mod. Shifts are around 40% shorter and feel more direct... Not as notchy as the stock shifter and very smooth and easy to change when getting on through the revs.

For the money, its a little bargain....

I had the forge ones on my mkIV and leon really liked them, you need to make sure they are fitted correctly sounds daft but some dont.
they used to popular for GB's a few years back.

I'm gona get a mate to check mine out as I have a forge one and since the day that it was fitted, it's felt exactly the same as stock?