Induction / map

V8Guzzler

Reaction score
hi all
I pick up my 59 plate S3 at the weekend, and want a map and induction kit.

What are the best induction kits? Also can anyone recommend a decent place to do a map around Nottingham?
Cheers

Downpipe and remap will give you the biggest gains at that level of tune.

as above a downpipe will open up few more ponies and the MTC kit from ebay gets good reviews on here and niki at rtech gets my vote also for mapping

The stock induction system isn't great though so you will certainly get a gain by changing that, some nice induction noise to go with it too :)

Then maybe go for turbo back exhaust with performance cat after the CAI & remap on the way to 2+?

Anyone got any of those cheaper intakes on their cars? Have looked at various ones on eBay that are appealing. I just refuse to pay 350 quid for some tube and an air filter!

Have a search on the forum and quite a few owners on here have a MTC kit on

Depends if you want it for performance or if you want just to look good.
Most 'dearer' kits have been developed for optimum performance.

Reactions: S3Alex
Depends if you want it for performance or if you want just to look good.
Most 'dearer' kits have been developed for optimum performance.

Absolutely right.

The Revo,AMD(AS) and ITG have all been developed to work,and the ITG,which is now one of the older kits,maintains it's performance to over 500bhp.

There is little point in buying a premium quality car,going in search of more performance,and expecting to do it on the cheap.

By all means buy cheap,but be prepared to get less as a result.

Reactions: S3DUST and Flapper
I want performance and a good noise. But I still maintain the same, how can literally some pipework cost £300+. If the air filter was the same I would be very curious to know If there was an actual difference!

I've had intake systems before with the same length of pipe with a good air filter before on previous turbo engines for £100-£150 pounds.

I know well and good buy cheap buy twice as I don't scrimp on cars but that being said I also don't want to spend a load of money because it says Revo or ITG on it. I suppose I'm just being devils advocate and looking for an answer If Anyone has tried both and really seen a difference! As to make up the pipework and buy a filter I could do it for around £100....

Ok I appreciate that but is there anyone who has tried both to know? I'm not being intentionally inflammatory just curious if they are really worth it!

I have the Revo CAI and researched it to death! As others have said it's the R&D that goes into the product. In the S3s case it's the scaleing that's important. this is the bit of pipe where the MAF is bolted into. If this isn't the correct size then your ratios will be wrong and I believe it's difficult to get a clean/accurate map because of this...

So, RTech quote £290 for Stage 1, and a my local Revo dealer, is quoting £449, from what I can see the same job... Am I missing something??!

Revo is brand with a lot of money backing r&d

R-tech do each individual tune specific to each car and mods no two the same with full health checks before hand

I'm going to r-tech for my mapping after seeing the work and results following niki and the rtech page

So, RTech quote £290 for Stage 1, and a my local Revo dealer, is quoting £449, from what I can see the same job... Am I missing something??!

Yeah, you will be missing about 80lb/ft of torque if you have a late model S3 with DSG and you go for Revo 2+ lol

Cheaper, yes and certainly better in my case.

My 2+ Revo map was torque limited to ~310lb/ft, unsure if they have fixed it now or not.

VERY happy with the R Tech map though.