Drivers Door Window + Locking Switch Not Working

Sha170

Reaction score
Hi, Ive recently got a 2010 Audi A3.

Im having problems with the drivers side door window switches.
The switches don't light up or do anything at all.
However the passenger side window opens from its own side.

I took the door card off, unplugged it and plugged it in again and the drivers side window switch has started working however it still doesn't light up and rest of the switches still don't work.

What could be causing them not to work?

Check wiring between the body and door itself.

Did you solve this? I have the same issue after removing the door card? Window, lock and mirror switches all not working or illuminated :'(

Did you solve this? I have the same issue after removing the door card? Window, lock and mirror switches all not working or illuminated :'(
Mine is exactly the same, the lock window or mirror switches do not work or illuminated.
I havent had chance to check the connections, a scan with VCDS shows "No signal/communication to the drivers door module"
Im guessing if its not a dodgy connection, it must be the door control module.

Reactions: S3DUST
I will take mine off again later. Will post back if I manage to sort it! Don't have much hope though :-(

Hi mate, massive result this morning mine now works again, took the door card off for the millionth time and wobbled the connector that goes from the door card to the control unit. As I did this I noticed the lights flickering behind the switch! So unplugged that connector again and reconnected still the same :-( so unplugged again and this time put the pink lever to the very top and then pushed the connector back in and pulled the lever all the way down! all the lights behind the switches lit and all switches now work :-D very happy. It literally takes 20 mins to do :-D

One thing to note is that although the connector was in and looked fine and also could not not be pulled out it still was not connected correctly! So do make sure pink lever is in the up position as far as possible and then as you put it in push the lever down until it clicks and test before you put the card back in position ;-) hope you manage to sort it ;-)

Reactions: Ante021
Well done mate glad you got it working.

I've found out what's wrong with mine.
Had the door replaced and looks like the guy has broken the connector to the door.

When I push the connector in the door switches light up and the windows work.
However when I press the lock button every door locks apart from the drivers door.
When I lock the car Using the fob the drivers door doesn't lock and neither does the fuel cap.

I've attached a picture of the doors switch. How can I secure this connector?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 3,228
Wow looks quite difficult to secure that ! i wonder what the cost of a new door loom would be :audibash: can you get a cable tie around it ?

Hi im having this issue last few days, it keeps setting alarm off!! The wires in door seem ok is it inside the door? Keeps losing power flicking on/offf

Unplug the connector and have a close look at the pins, some may be wet or dislodged in there.

Reactions: Gripnrip
Hi mate, massive result this morning mine now works again, took the door card off for the millionth time and wobbled the connector that goes from the door card to the control unit. As I did this I noticed the lights flickering behind the switch! So unplugged that connector again and reconnected still the same :-( so unplugged again and this time put the pink lever to the very top and then pushed the connector back in and pulled the lever all the way down! all the lights behind the switches lit and all switches now work :-D very happy. It literally takes 20 mins to do :-D

One thing to note is that although the connector was in and looked fine and also could not not be pulled out it still was not connected correctly! So do make sure pink lever is in the up position as far as possible and then as you put it in push the lever down until it clicks and test before you put the card back in position ;-) hope you manage to sort it ;-)
This post helped me resolve the same issue on passenger side door of my A3 2015 where controls on the door panel were dead (power window and lights: warning, puddle and ambient lights - all not working) after dismantling the panel. Have repeated several times with no success. Then, after reading this here, pushed the pink lever (dismantled) all the way opposite side until click is heard over the small notch on the connector itself. Afterwards pushed the connector in from the bottom with lever following and - voila- after the door “initialization” (door has to be closed and reopened ) it all came back alive. (Although I don’t recall if I set the ignition to on. )

Last edited: