Put my mind at rest?

temp

Reaction score
Hi just a silly question is anybody running a badger 5tip with a standard exhaust. I have got it into my head that if I put my tip on it will be getting more air in! But may not be able to get rid of it through a standard system any info would be much appreciated

guess you must mean s3 due to b5 tip
peaopke have run 300bhp through oem cat back
downpipe is a restriction but having said that the gains from the tip have been proven massively even on stage 1 with no dp

Hi just a silly question is anybody running a badger 5tip with a standard exhaust. I have got it into my head that if I put my tip on it will be getting more air in! But may not be able to get rid of it through a standard system any info would be much appreciated

Yes, I was, and my car made 262bhp, stuck a decat on, and 275bhp, the TIP has no bearing on what exhaust you run, but ultimately, you will see gains from both sides of the car.

Best bang for buck mod is a remap, 2nd is the B5 TIP, third is a decat of some sort. Then you spend money on the manifolds/downpipe/free flow exhaust for gains, which are noticeable, but expensive. Depends on how far you want to go...

Reactions: Essexman
After this weekends fun and games I'd argue that an OE exhaust even on a 3" DP is any use on a 300+hp S3...

<tuffty/>

oh for god sake i cant keep up with all this!!!
what have i missed??
it was you i got the info fron in previous posts!! :think:
lol

I would'nt be relying on a std exhaust to happily support 300bhp let alone more without it adding to the already present back pressure.

Thanks all that's put my mind at rest yes it's a s3 b5tip and it's not anywhere near 300hp so I guess it will be ok