Just bought an A3, love it! But, it does have a few problems

Danbo

Reaction score
Hi all. This Is my first of possibly many question related posts on here. I've just bought the wife a 56reg A3 sline quattro. It's a great car, love the look of it, handles like nothing else I've ever driven, but it's not without it's faults. Looking into other peoples problems, I'm having trouble with the rear wiper. I've tested the voltage at the connector and have 12v at all three of the connectors, no matter where the wiper stalk is positioned. The wiper doesn't even make an attempt to move. I was just seeing if anyone knew what voltage I should have and maybe a possible cause for the fault. Thanks in advance, Dan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 212
Motor failure. Common as muck. A new one is around £80.00.

Does the rear wash work? Often the pipe comes off and leaks on the motor and kills it.

Motor failure. Common as muck. A new one is around £80.00.

Does the rear wash work? Often the pipe comes off and leaks on the motor and kills it.

Thanks for getting back to me. It dribbles through slightly. It just seemed strange to me that there is always a voltage going to the motor, no matter what position the stalk is in

Yep sounds like the common fault tbh. I've just had the same happen to me in the past couple of weeks.

Yep sounds like the common fault tbh. I've just had the same happen to me in the past couple of weeks.

Did yours have the 12v on the connector? There's someone breaking one near me, but I told them to shove it as they wouldn't let me try the motor on mine before I bought it. It'd only take a couple if seconds, didn't think I was asking too much. I'll have to find another motor from another breakers.

It's not a great design is it? Someone asked why it hasn't been improved over the years. Still can't get my head round how it works if it always has power to the three switched live wires.

The rear wipers are shocking mate, better buy a new one from euro car parts, mine cost me £100 from audi.

My one failed as well, but, Lady Luck, (if you could call it that), shone on me and I was able to get a new one out of the local Port Authority when their sign went through my back window one stormy night.

It's the one time that anything good came out of $hit happening to me. They replaced the lot, no questions.

My one failed as well, but, Lady Luck, (if you could call it that), shone on me and I was able to get a new one out of the local Port Authority when their sign went through my back window one stormy night.

It's the one time that anything good came out of $hit happening to me. They replaced the lot, no questions.
Wow, that was lucky. Where was yours parked? Have they replaced the sign with another badly installed one? Might have a drive down

Wow, that was lucky. Where was yours parked? Have they replaced the sign with another badly installed one? Might have a drive down
Invergordon, mate. The sign is now fixed so well, it would take armageddon to shift it....lol.