For a 2.0 tdi (140) Revo stage 2, how much could the bill run up?

Kieronboz

Reaction score
So currently revo software is on offer, im looking at getting a new car, an A3 is one of them. Anyway;

£299.25 £399 R.R.P

So its up for 300 for stage 2, but obviously hardware recommendations are as follows;

Code:
Hardware Requirements:

- Turbo Back Exhaust

- Uprated Air intake system

- Uprated Intercooler

Hardware Recommendations:

- Uprated Clutch (for manual vehicles)

Im going to ring them and talk to them anyway, but I just wanna get a rough idea how much some of those bits may end up costing? Is it worth it over stage 1 etc.

If anyone has any experience that would be great.

sorry i can't answer your question directly.

it depends how far you're willing to go and how much effort you want to put in.

for cost against effort/difficulty you can't beat a custom stage 1 map on a diesel. in that car I'd go for EGR blank (DPF gutted if you have one) and a custom map. i guess those mods would make it a stage 2 map? i dunno...

and in my humble opinion i don't think factory intake/exhaust systems are half as bad as some of these 'tuning' companies would have you believe...

For a turbo back exhaust, budget for £1k plus fitting (will be less than that if you use a decat rather than a cat). Induction kit can be anything from £150 to £350 plus fitting. Intercoolers can be had from around £450/£500 but can be much more for the more expensive units (plus fitting, of course).

Ok cool, all i dont wanna do is buy stage 1 then find myself slowly and unknowingly doing stage 2 and dropping another 300 on software!

Cheers for all replies so far.

Revo charge £50 for stage upgrades so you won't realistically be out of pocket.

Tbh though, if you want that much power out of something go buy an s3. The 140's can make decent power but with the money you spend on getting it to that point you could get an s3 upto stage 2+.

Ah i didnt know there was stage upgrades, thanks.

Yeah ide love to do that, but I need it as a commuter car, and ive found a really great A3, after removing my 170 filter, so I just want to get it above and beyond the 170, even though its annoying that if it was a 170 it'd be nearer or over 200!

tbh you're probably better off with an older 2.0 140 compared to newer 170.

i have a 170 and its money to get it anywhere near decent power, but there are loads of bolt on big turbo kits etc readily available for the older 140 engines. they go to 230 easy

tbh you're probably better off with an older 2.0 140 compared to newer 170.

i have a 170 and its money to get it anywhere near decent power, but there are loads of bolt on big turbo kits etc readily available for the older 140 engines. they go to 230 easy

Me likey the sound of that, i shall look into it.

Get the hardware and then get custom map done it will eb so mucu better for your car and more specific for your actual car instead of a generic off the shelf map, where are you located ? If in the midlands message me and ill send you to my guy best in the bizz in my opinion full dyno house viewing room everything