Rs6 grill conversion sensor delete

Rosspfc

Reaction score
hello Had a look for an answer but can't find one. I'm looking into doing the rs6 style grill mod on my b7 s line. I have parking sensors fitted but am unsure on the best option when fitting the new grill as it won't have the filler plate. Should I hide them behind and sacrifice the sensing? Will they work through the honey comb? Or is there a way to remove 2 and keep the rest of the loop in action?

Any advice would be great

Didn't think parking sensors went through the grille, any pictures? If they're going through the plate you should be able to push them out then stick them between the honeycomb.

They come through either side of the number plate on the s line grill

either put them in the grill but may look a bit stupid.

or move them to the bumper either side of the grill,

Thanks for the replys. Is there any way to remove them from the circuit as there will still be 4 on the front. Just don't fancy drilling the bumper

Done a bit of research and I think you can buy the rs6 grill with parking sensors. It's like a clip in the honeycomb.

I had the same issue on the 8P, I modded the grill hex to fit the sensors, however you have the larger older sensors, so it may be a little tricky, but it can be done, spraying them matt black they are hardly even noticeable, you cant hide them behind the grill as it will set them of everytime, they need seating properly & flush with the front of the grill or it will detect the grill plastics as an obstacle, trust me been there got the tshirt etc.....

Do you know if the smaller sensors are changeable with the larger ones. If not I may just have to settle for the rs4 grill to save all the hassle. Have you got any pictures of yours?

Nope not used old with new tbh on my installs, sorry no pic to hand, but I can assure you it looks perfectly good fitted as advised.