BW 1, 2, 3 and 4

Cheers guys, it is the worst wait in history slowly counting down the weeks to your build week...followed by a non-commital period of time to delivery!!
Hopefully all worth it though :thumbs up:

@ndk83 I know, I was all set for delivery in March and then Mid to End February...hadn't really though that I'm going to end up with the car before it was originally planned to be built lol :audibash: gotta love German efficiency :think:

Reactions: ndk83 and Rob2k68
Whatchu all talking about? It has been unbearable. Time moves so slowly, and to make matters work its been supremely hectic at the office, and normally that would make time fly but instead its making it painfully slow.

@elpaulio , you lucky ******, you were BW4 then you got bumped to 3 and now your actually gonna recieve it before your build date? What the hell. No Fair

Well my wife - whom I should add is also excited about getting the S3, just not as much as me - has jokingly mentioned that she is going to have to buy a months supply of Prozac to get me through Feb.

at least I think she was joking...I'm going to have to check my morning tea for a Micky!

Reactions: Blackwhite, elpaulio and Rob2k68
Went for a nosey around John Clarks compound at lunch time to see if I could spot my car and sure enough there she was sitting waiting to be prepped :jump:

150115-01.jpg

Is it Monday yet?!?!?!?!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, David83S3, Blackwhite and 1 other person
Looking very nice elpaulio, liking the titanium wheels.

I received a phone call from my dealer yesterday saying I could have mine towards the beginning of February as it was early but I've delayed until start of March for the new reg and as I've still got my private plate transfer to sort and need to get rid of my Scirocco. Six and a bit long weeks to wait.

Reactions: elpaulio
"The sun'll come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow"

So I caved and went for one in stock in the end, not quite the options I ideally wanted, but close enough to make the early trade in of my current car worth it with the discount.

A3 Sportback S-line 1.4tfsi CoD. SE Suspension. Daytona Grey. Comfort pack+parking plus, folding mirrors.

Went for a nosey around John Clarks compound at lunch time to see if I could spot my car and sure enough there she was sitting waiting to be prepped :jump:

150115-01.jpg

Is it Monday yet?!?!?!?!

That Is Stunning!!!! ......You must be absolutely bursting with excitement LOL ....

That Is Stunning!!!! ......You must be absolutely bursting with excitement LOL ....

Like you wouldn't believe mate!!!!!!
I kinda want to see it as much as possible to dull the excitement of collecting it... might sound weird, but I don't want to get the showroom and not look over it properly just cause I'm jumping about like a kid at christmas! I picked up a Golf once and was so excited I never noticed that there was a massive dent in the wing until I got home. Dealer then denied all knowledge and said I must have done it as it was fine when it left them!! Not having that happen on this bad boy :thumbs up:

I kinda want to see it as much as possible to dull the excitement of collecting it... might sound weird, but I don't want to get the showroom and not look over it properly just cause I'm jumping about like a kid at christmas! I picked up a Golf once and was so excited I never noticed that there was a massive dent in the wing until I got home. Dealer then denied all knowledge and said I must have done it as it was fine when it left them!! Not having that happen on this bad boy :thumbs up:

I know exactly what you mean ..... I am creating a check list for my collection day so I can tick it all off and so it reminds me to check everything is OK on the car. My last new car collection had me not sleeping at night for 2 weeks before collection day:jump: ...I was so tired the day I collected that I didnt check the car at all ....just wanted the keys so I could go home and sleep :02.47 tranquillity:

That sucks about your Golf collection ..... 100% check all round this time. Make a check list :thumbs up:

Will be expecting some pictures Monday morning @ 09.35am :kissmyrings::nogarors4:

I know exactly what you mean ..... I am creating a check list for my collection day so I can tick it all off and so it reminds me to check everything is OK on the car. My last new car collection had me not sleeping at night for 2 weeks before collection day:jump: ...I was so tired the day I collected that I didnt check the car at all ....just wanted the keys so I could go home and sleep :02.47 tranquillity:

That sucks about your Golf collection ..... 100% check all round this time. Make a check list :thumbs up:

Will be expecting some pictures Monday morning @ 09.35am :kissmyrings::nogarors4:

Take pics at collection time all around so you're covered !

Reactions: David83S3
You hopefully won't get that problem with your S3. Sure you will be even more excited when you drive it. I've only had mine a couple of weeks and I absolutely love my new car. I've had some really nice cars over the years but this is the best car I've ever had. Look forward to seeing the pictures when it's all been prepared for you. Enjoy.

150115-01.jpg

Is it Monday yet?!?!?!?!
I like your new S3 very muchly indeedy :thumbs up:

Nice colour ;)

Looking foreword to more pics on collection ;)

I like your new S3 very muchly indeedy :thumbs up:

Nice colour ;)

Looking foreword to more pics on collection ;)

Cheers BH, it making you think twice on the ol' RS4 yet?? Lol

Don't you worry my friend, there shall be oodles of pics upon collection and I have the day off so plan to head inland to some picturesque places so should get some good pics of her all dirty lol :)

I received an email from the dealer earlier today confirming that my S3 will be completed next week as planned - BW4.

But more importantly, confirming that collection will be on Sunday 1st March! He wasn't able to previous guarantee that it would be the 1st purely due to the number of cars that would go out on that day...

Very happy about that. I have booked Mon 2nd Mar off work to spend some quality time with it!!

fingers crossed nothing happens in transit to cause delays, and I will be praying to the weather gods to ask for no rain on the big day.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and David83S3
I received an email from the dealer earlier today confirming that my S3 will be completed next week as planned - BW4.

But more importantly, confirming that collection will be on Sunday 1st March! He wasn't able to previous guarantee that it would be the 1st purely due to the number of cars that would go out on that day...

Very happy about that. I have booked Mon 2nd Mar off work to spend some quality time with it!!

fingers crossed nothing happens in transit to cause delays, and I will be praying to the weather gods to ask for no rain on the big day.
Congrats pal ..... which dealer ?

looks like Audi must be on time or ahead of schedule as my car was estimated for build this week but is already at the port in Germany,expecting delivery to the dealership 1st/2nd week of February that or there must be massive lag updating the code status of the vehicles.

Last edited:
"The sun'll come out tomorrow
So you gotta hang on
'til tomorrow, come what may!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow"

So I caved and went for one in stock in the end, not quite the options I ideally wanted, but close enough to make the early trade in of my current car worth it with the discount.

A3 Sportback S-line 1.4tfsi CoD. SE Suspension. Daytona Grey. Comfort pack+parking plus, folding mirrors.

Not convinced about the ride.. but otherwise *grin* *grin* *grin*

Reactions: Rob2k68
Not convinced in what way may I ask?
You can feel road imperfections quite badly due to the low profile tires, while it's also quite wallowy with the SE suspension, quite a lot of dive under breaking or on gradient changes etc. Might just take me a while to get used to, but first impressions aren't that great.

Well, only one more "sleep" to go :jester: and I cannot bear the wait!!!!!!!

To top it all off aswell its just started snowing here so tomorrow should be even more fun!! C'mon the Quattro :kissmyrings:

Tick! Tock! Tick! Tock!.........

Reactions: Blackwhite, Rob2k68 and David83S3
I think the night before my collection i will leave cookies and milk out for the reindeer! !!! Haha ...... Lots of pics Elpaulio ☺

Reactions: Rob2k68, elpaulio and Blackwhite
Well, only one more "sleep" to go :jester: and I cannot bear the wait!!!!!!!

To top it all off aswell its just started snowing here so tomorrow should be even more fun!! C'mon the Quattro :kissmyrings:

Tick! Tock! Tick! Tock!.........

quattro has a lower case q ;)

Have fun in the snow! :thumbs up:

quattro has a lower case q ;)

Have fun in the snow! :thumbs up:

You know, I knew someone would pick that up as I was toying with changing it then couldn't figure out which one was right and couldn't be ***** checking!! :keule::keule:

The snow is now looking more like slush so guess I'll be having lots of dirty pics tomorrow lol...will get loads at collection whilst she's nice and shiny :thumbs up:

Reactions: Blackwhite and David83S3
Come on Elpaulio.......where are the pics?!!

Heehee...sorry guys, I was going to put the pics up after collection but I was having far too much fun driving around lol.

So, bit of a blurb first, got to Audi for about 9:10 as I was walking down from work where Ive parked my old car for so sat and had a coffee and a blether to someone who's son was thinking of getting an S3 8V then my sales guy came out of the morning meeting so we did all the paperwork stuff then he went and got me a couple of keyring and the USB and Lightening leads then we went for a nosey round the car. Everything was fine, nothing to report, got shown round all the controls and a very in depth demo of the MMI and all settings which I was quite impressed at!
Then he took it out of the showroom and let me loose.
She had 16 miles on the clock when I picked her up and I did just over 100 today pottering around town mostly doing some bits and pieces but I also went for a drive out to Banchory then down to Stonehaven on the 'Slug road' which was quite white.
Anyway, enough blethering away, cars lush, all is good and here she is :thumbs up::kissmyrings:
col1.jpg

col2.jpg

col3.jpg

col4.jpg

col5.jpg

col6.jpg

And now for her looking not quite so clean lol

col7.jpg

col8.jpg

So, that's all for now. Going to get her booked in for AGuard at a local detailers just to keep her shiny, at least thats going to be my excuse for not washing her this week:moa:
Unfortunately my drive to work is 2 miles if I'm lucky, so I fear I may have to go out for a wee blast at lunch time from now on to keep me and the car happy :jump:

Paul

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Rob2k68, RedTurtle and 2 others
Congrats elpaulio! Great looking ride. ENJOY!:thumbs up:

Fantastic update Elpaulio ..... car looks stunning and your experience at Audi sounded spot on. I hope my collection day is just like yours :)

Thanks for the post buddy

Cheers guys!!

Collection was spot on, can't give Chris at Aberdeen Audi enough thanks. He's been great through the whole thing. Very laid back and very accommodating, just how a car salesman should be!!

Reactions: David83S3 and Blackwhite
Looks stunning. My favourite S3 wheels too. How was it in the snow?

Looks stunning. My favourite S3 wheels too. How was it in the snow?

Was ok, wasn't really giving it some as was behind a couple of cars...although coming to think about it I did catch them up fairly quickly so maybe I was going a bit faster lol

I did have a four wheel drift moment in a car park this morning which was good fun. Was far too good an opportunity to pass up as its a wide open car park, thats was very icy and had nothing in it lol.....car stopped play quite quickly though and I couldn't really go back with the TC switched off lol

Your S3 looks gorgeous Paul! :cool::cool::cool:

Congrats mate :thumbs up:

Nice to see a S3 in the right colour ;) :D

Looks fantastic! I definitely made the right choice with 10 spokes...

10 spokes look amazing on blue, white and red cars IMO - car looks the business Paulio !!

Well it appears i got my build week confused, im actually build week 5, so off i go to the other thread. Enjoy your new cars guys !

BW3 Ben called me yesterday to advise car is built and expected to be here in the next week or so and asked if wanted to arrange Feb collection. Waiting until March :(

Just called Audi CS and finally got someone nice, (last time I called i got a lecture about how its the dealers job to update me.... yet still he did as I asked...) and my car is Code 30, on the way to the boat! Just waiting for a call back with my vin number now so i can sign into MyAudi.

Reactions: Bristle Hound