Dumb question, Coilovers with stock height?

dj_rzn

Reaction score
Hello, I really want to drop my car in the summer and get it up in the winter, as the S3 should be the "winter car" (4WD should be great) ...
Does a normal coilover can have the height of stock suspension if it's on MAX height? (for example, AP SPORT coilovers)

It would depend on the coilover as some coilovers can actually be higher than stock on their max height setting! @smurfworth would be the man to ask about AP stuff.

Hello, I really want to drop my car in the summer and get it up in the winter, as the S3 should be the "winter car" (4WD should be great) ...
Does a normal coilover can have the height of stock suspension if it's on MAX height? (for example, AP SPORT coilovers)

It would depend on the coilover as some coilovers can actually be higher than stock on their max height setting! @smurfworth would be the man to ask about AP stuff.

Never had mine at max height but they specify a minimum of 10mm drop so it's close enough to stock height.

I've got cheap crappy TA Technix coilovers on mine set to max height and the car's still slammed to the ground (hate them) if you'r gunna go with coilovers its defo worth spending extra to get a decent set.
Unfortunately mine came with the car but I have finaly just ordered a set of Koni str.t to replace them

Steve

Thanks you for your replies, really helped. How about the stiffness of the AP sport compared to OEM or other stuff like Eibach\H&R ? (I have them on my other rides)

I've just had some ap's fitted today and compared to stock it's a lot stiffer , feels like your stuck to the road a lot more. I've not heard a bad word about ap's yet .

Jamie