ESP fuse missing?

BradA3G

A4 Avant S-Line
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413556510802068
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413556536145751
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413556549195670

Hey guys really need some help here!

My ESP hasn't worked since I got the car and the light does not show on dash at all and button does nothing, only thing I can think of is that the fuse is missing or they have been crafty and taken the led out! :( I haven't got a diagram for the engine bay fuse box

What car is it?
Looking at my manual (2010 S3) on the left side of dash panel the ESP is No 4 and is a 5 amp fuse. This is also the fuse for the Heating, air con and a whole host of other things.
In the engine compartment the Pump for ESP/ABS and ABS valves is a 40 amp and located at F48.
I think the covers have a diagram on saying which no is which..

It's a 2006 1.6 SE and I've just tried looking for f48 under the bonnet but it's not there, and the esp fuse inside the car isn't there and there's nothing to put the fuse into as it's blank, but my car has an esp button which lights up and is connected to something but doesn't do anything, I bet my pump fuse has been taken out but not sure which one it is on the engine

Hopefully someone will be along who has access to an older diagram and manual.

Check if the esp led has been taped over in the cluster.

Got a suspicion it could be the mighty brake pressure sensor fault that is common on models after 2004-2008 and I know that isn't cheap to fix :( before the people sold it to me I bet they tapped it up so that I would buy the car thinking I've got a really good deal and nothing is wrong with it haha

@BradA3G , where are you located and we could try getting someone local to you with vcds to scan the car?