3 point rear seats belts

Rfmacaskill

Reaction score
Morning all

Does anyone know if you can either:

a) Re-tro fit new rear 'split' seats which provides 3 actual seats and integrated 3 point seat belt (as opposed to the LH/RH seats / middle bolster in my TQS)
b) If not above, retro fit a 3 point seat belt to replace the lap belt for the middle seat.

The current lap belt / lack of proper seat is proving to be a little stumbling point with the trouble & strife when all three kids are in the car.

I know the later avants had a 3 point middle belt. this is something im planning on doing to my car at some point.
with my car being an early avant it has the same side mounts as a saloon so thesse need modified to fit the later avant rear bench

I presume your TQS is a saloon?

97 onwards avants had 3 point rear middle belt, however they still have the exact same seating arrangement with the middle "seat" not really being a proper seat. The cars simply not large enough to fit three proper seats. Try to stick three adults in the back and you'll see what i mean.

If you want to convert a saloon to the avant type seating, you will need to cut the upper mounting brackets out of a suitable avant, and weld them into your car, then procure the avant rear seat back.

I briefly looked into this for mine. A lot of work plus a replacement recaro seat back makes this an expensive mod for no gain . If we need the three belts we take her car. Lol