Turbo upgrade

jan_s4_03

Reaction score
I need help with my turbo. I know it's on its way out but I want to upgrade it to something bigger. Anyone know anywhere I can get a stronger one. Or from what car/engine I can get one to fit the car all advice is gold

You need to provide more details of your car, engine size and power output, we are not clairvoyants !

Sorry lad 1.9 tdi 130 bhp Awx
Have a look on darkside developments website they have all sorts of parts and do many turbo kits have a word with them im sure they will point you in the right direction are you after something bigger as ino the pd150 turbo is a straight swap you would just need it mapped in to suit hope this helps

Ye that's perfect well I just want to tune it to as much as I can while it all standard if to buy a new turbo so no point getting the standard one. Thanks il have a look into that

Ye that's perfect well I just want to tune it to as much as I can while it all standard if to buy a new turbo so no point getting the standard one. Thanks il have a look into that
No problem mate just make sure if you do get it to have it mapped in other wise when you are giving it some the car will probley go into limp mode not what you want when your flying down the motorway :dejection: but ye darkside are quiet good if you unsure give them a call they will help you out

Ye was Gona map it before turbo gave in on me. What's the pd150 off

Ye was Gona map it before turbo gave in on me. What's the pd150 off[/QUOTE
I think there the same as on a standard pd150 bora but i could be wrong and ye same here as soon as i faut about a map my clutch has decided to give me grief so lookin at gettin a single mass conversion first and thats my way of thinking too mate if it breaks uprate no point wasting money what sort of power are you looking for owt of the pd130

As much as it can save me from Gavin to upgrade again . Ye I'm Gona have to do da aswel. My clutch is on it way aswel pain in the back side

The BV43 turbo from the later B7 2ltr 170bhp Tdi is a good upgrade, only needs a small modification to one of the hoses and with a good remap and FMIC you could see around 200bhp and a big increase in torque.

Which hoses mind me askin and what's a FMIC. From wa I know the BV43 THERE just bolt on bolt off aren't they

Any idea wa front mount be good for mine as mine is ****** and need a new one as it is

FMIC is just a front mounted Intercooler. The BV 43 does bolt straight on but the hose fitting to the Intercooler pipe is slightly different.

Any idea wa front mount I can get. And do you know any places I can get a bv43 I tried fee places no one has one