Induction kits what one to get

i think it'll be the VWR i opt for, but the carbon apr is a beautiful piece of kit!

i see you have a turbo muffler delete @PanamaS3 does it really make a difference?

The turbo muffler delete adds a little bit more turbo noise (not unpleasant or particularly loud) and a bit more responsiveness.
I must caveat that by saying that when I did mine I did the APR intake and the GFB DV+ diverter valve at the same time.
Its by no means an essential mod to do IMO but more a nice to have....and in conjunction with other airway mods it all adds up :)

Reactions: Fiddie
i was dubious about what they claim for it.
I've not got as far as thinking about a DV yet. I'm hoping it won't give out anytime soon.

The CTS pipe looks good put my name down for the group buy. The thread is locked :-(

The thread has been removed as apparently it was "Not Authorised". Apologies to the forum Gestapo... :laughing:

If anyone needs details of where to get these let me know.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Martinbanshee
There's a lot of that about these days...and trolls grassing people up to the mods for "abuse"....pffftt

Reactions: pburv and Martinbanshee
I've just downloaded the fitting instructions from the CTS site - looks very straight forward ;o)
I can personal say this is a very easy job. Take the intake hose off to give you some space, unclip the breather hose that connects to the OEM plastic part first, then from memory there is an Alan Head Bolt holding the OEM part in place, remove this (don't drop it as it will fall into the cutouts on the subframe!) and then rotate the assembly out of the grove it sits in, you can then pull it away!

Reactions: Rob2k68
I can personal say this is a very easy job. Take the intake hose off to give you some space, unclip the breather hose that connects to the OEM plastic part first, then from memory there is an Alan Head Bolt holding the OEM part in place, remove this (don't drop it as it will fall into the cutouts on the subframe!) and then rotate the assembly out of the grove it sits in, you can then pull it away!

Awesome - thanks WS!

This is definately my next mod ;o)

The thread has been removed as apparently it was "Not Authorised". Apologies to the forum Gestapo... :laughing:

If anyone needs details of where to get these let me know.
(6) Audi-Sport.net recognises the value to its members and the wider community of 'Group Buys' - a practice in which a member or trader negotiates a discount for a particular product or service based upon a minimum required quantity to be purchased/undertaken. It is in the interests of Audi-Sport.net, its members, partner companies and the wider community that these are managed as carefully as possible. ANYONE wishing to publicise/offer a 'Group Buy' on Audi-Sport.net MUST contact a site Administrator/Moderator to discuss/negotiate each 'Group Buy'. Failure to do so may result in the 'Group Buy' being removed from the site, and/or sanctions on the originating account.

Talking to people in the know the turbo inlet pipe is the part that is made deliberately restrictive in order not to go over the power limit on rally cars - the CTS pipe should be good for a few extra horses.

U.K. CTS dealers are shown on their website, two in England and one in Scotland.

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Talking to people in the know the turbo inlet pipe is the part that is made deliberately restrictive in order not to go over the power limit on rally cars - the CTS pipe should be good for a few extra horses.

U.K. CTS dealers are shown on their website, two in England and one in Scotland.

I got the turbo technics pipe from AwesomeGTI which completely removes the restrictive inlet pipe, gave an extra 10bhp!

I got the turbo technics pipe from AwesomeGTI which completely removes the restrictive inlet pipe, gave an extra 10bhp!

Wow 10bhp gimme gimme !!!!!!

Possibly the best value 10bhp you're ever likely to get then. I'll check out the TT offering too. Thanks.

How did it feel after it was done @Wondering Soul ? I heard it was good gains....

NOT a group buy but I've managed to negotiate a discount on the CTS inlet elbows for us, anyone who wanted one inbox me. Thaaaaanks!

I couldn't find anything from Turbo Technics...so am placing my order for this too over here....should be interesting to see what we all think :)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
I couldn't find anything from Turbo Technics...so am placing my order for this too over here....should be interesting to see what we all think :)

The Turbo Technics pipe I got was supplied and fitted by AwesomeGTI whilst I was getting the APR stage 1 remap. Don't know why they are not advertising them yet but I think they are quoting £190.

image_1.jpeg

Reactions: RO65ERS, PanamaS3 and Rob2k68
The Turbo Technics pipe I got was supplied and fitted by AwesomeGTI whilst I was getting the APR stage 1 remap. Don't know why they are not advertising them yet but I think they are quoting £190.

image_1.jpeg

I looked on their website and couldn't see anything either.

Ah I see ! All contained within the silicon intake hose - that's a neat solution.

Reactions: batch
Well I think I managed to get hold of what must be the last CTS turbo inlet pipe in the country .....
MneOxcv7

Side by side ....
NZSZ8n4o

On the inside the stock OEM part is moulded plastic so completely smooth transition between diameters .....
nkp9hDe7

The CTS inlet pipe has a small 45 degree angled step nothing too crazy and extremely well finished ....
Crnd2rIp

And fitted ....
agCLGT6D

First impressions are that the pipe is a very well made precision engineered component made to OEM fit and tolerances - everything just went sweetly into place. It's aluminium too so weight neutral with the plastic OEM part. Well then advertise about 10 minutes to fit and that's about right. Much more than that and you really should sell the spanners and take up golf or fishing instead. Only vaguely tricky bit was wrestling the silicon intake hose back on - think the turbo inlet pipe is slightly longer so the pipe from the airbox took some gentle persuasion - this however may be an issue if you have the OEM plastic pipe.

Not driven it yet so can't report back on the important stuff so watch this space .....

Reactions: RO65ERS, OliS3, Dandanfings and 2 others
Hopefully it's worth the coin then mate. And hopefully it actually performs. As I don't want to get one to be disappointed ha.

:rockwoot:Oh and to stay on topic get the forge intake :yes:

Revo rocks go play - lol

Reactions: MikeParkin
I'm not to sure to be honest, @batch I was talking to the wife about how the tread went missing and I tried searching for it as there was a few interested.

Reactions: batch
I'm not to sure to be honest, @batch I was talking to the wife about how the tread went missing and I tried searching for it as there was a few interested.
There was one guy with a black S3 saloon, another guy who's a biker too, and sure someone with a Sepang 3dr!

That CTS pipe is stunning, I know what I'm buying!

I'm using the APR super sexy carbon intake btw

Reactions: Rob2k68 and MikeParkin
Well I think I managed to get hold of what must be the last CTS turbo inlet pipe in the country .....
MneOxcv7

Side by side ....
NZSZ8n4o

On the inside the stock OEM part is moulded plastic so completely smooth transition between diameters .....
nkp9hDe7

The CTS inlet pipe has a small 45 degree angled step nothing too crazy and extremely well finished ....
Crnd2rIp

And fitted ....
agCLGT6D

First impressions are that the pipe is a very well made precision engineered component made to OEM fit and tolerances - everything just went sweetly into place. It's aluminium too so weight neutral with the plastic OEM part. Well then advertise about 10 minutes to fit and that's about right. Much more than that and you really should sell the spanners and take up golf or fishing instead. Only vaguely tricky bit was wrestling the silicon intake hose back on - think the turbo inlet pipe is slightly longer so the pipe from the airbox took some gentle persuasion - this however may be an issue if you have the OEM plastic pipe.

Not driven it yet so can't report back on the important stuff so watch this space .....

So..... how was the drive to work?

So..... how was the drive to work?

A slow one !! Had to do the school run so got here at 8.30 rather than 6.00 so didn't have the opportunity to have a play. What I can say though is that pick up 1,500-1,800rpm has definitely improved - much better !! Probably worth it for that alone.

Reactions: OliS3 and pburv
@batch you are such a big tease! lol ....so I guess we have to wait some more for you to actually drive the bl*****y thing! :) very interested so far...and that Turbo Technics one you have @Lightspeed998 also looks like a great solution minimising connection parts....guess its hard for you to tell what it felt like cos you did Stage 1 at the same time....

EDIT: also, FYI....TTE (The Turbo Engineers) have engineered a new intake elbow too for some of their new hybrid turbo upgrades for the MQB

11425155_916678135055281_6576187290659782813_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RO65ERS and Rob2k68
Ok ..... So I managed a fairly 'spirited' drive home. Pickup low down between 1,500-2,000rpm has improved. When you get to 3,000rom it's pulling HARD !! - not sure how much of this is down to the turbo pipe or the Revo intake as that has only been on a week. My thoughts are that's it's a combination of both and that both mods compliment one another.

Needless to say that my quest for 'more power' has ended and I'll be sticking here for now it's an incredibly quick car that I hope to get on the rollers some time soon.

Just the TCU map for me now and possibly some bigger brakes ;o)

Reactions: sjbarneS3, RO65ERS, Wondering Soul and 4 others
nice work Rob...yes the two in conjunction are I'm sure improving things no end...happy days indeed!
can't wait to see what you think of the TCU remap....my car felt like Stage 1.5 after that :)

sorry Rob....just noticed I tagged batch in my post earlier and not you....ooops

nice work Rob...yes the two in conjunction are I'm sure improving things no end...happy days indeed!
can't wait to see what you think of the TCU remap....my car felt like Stage 1.5 after that :)

That's good to know ;o)

Very happy with Revo and how my car has came alive so sitting tight for the Revo TCU tune I think it's due pretty soon - time to start saving again !!

Good to hear you like the CTS inlet pipe, although the turbo techniks pipe, IMO looks better, being fully enclosed within the silicone.
i suppose depending what intake you have would have to sway over the inlet pipe itself!

you've really tempted me with this revo intake!