vvti from 2000 to an amk

Danielk5787

Reaction score
Yeah basically as title states just want to know if they're interchangeable? Iv had a quick search but can't seem to find anything. Asked the seller what engine is it off and he only knows the head is a 2000 reg but on the pics I'm sure there's a vvti unit on there? Thanks

2000 APY engine did not come with VVT... AMK and BAM did... you can swap your VVT tensioner into the APY head... you will also need to blank the SAI port too

<tuffty/>

Noooo. Do the tensioner and vvti look similar? Just he's selling the full head but it's cracked. All I wanted was the vvti tbh

Uploadfromtaptalk1411759832637

That's a vvt tensioner... What's the engine code on the head?

<tuffty/>

I don't get this auction missing lark.

Surely you bid how much you are prepared to pay and then forget about it until you get a notification which says you've won or lost it?

Yes but if you n the seller are unsure if it's the right part or not then surely the best thing is to do what I done which is to ask someone better it's just a shame that I missed out in the meantime I wasn't sure enough to take the gamble am watching a full complete amk head now so every cloud n all that

Yeah basically as title states just want to know if they're interchangeable? Iv had a quick search but can't seem to find anything. Asked the seller what engine is it off and he only knows the head is a 2000 reg but on the pics I'm sure there's a vvti unit on there? Thanks

2000 APY engine did not come with VVT... AMK and BAM did... you can swap your VVT tensioner into the APY head... you will also need to blank the SAI port too

<tuffty/>

Intake cam is different on the VVT engines, not sure what the effect of swapping just the tensioner will be?

Intake cam is different on the VVT engines, not sure what the effect of swapping just the tensioner will be?

I would always use the running gear from the head you are rebuilding unless there is a compelling reason to do otherwise but yeah, you have a point... the cams are different...

<tuffty/>