Who/where Can I Get A Boost Gauge Fitted??

sheridan94

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Sorry in advance if this has been covered somewhere. I have searched and couldnt find my answer.

I fancy fitting a boost guage in one f the vents.
I understand i need a OSIR vent mount. and i would like to fit a shadow pro guage or something similar.

Can anyone recommend anyone around the north west who could fit it ? Or can anyone on here fit one for me ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Google it and there is a very clear guide for fitting a stepper motor boost gauge

Have a look it is more simple than you think

Have a look it is more simple than you think
I read the guide on vagoc, but seriously i woukd struggle to follow haha

Worse came to worse i suppose i could have a go

Do it mate looks ace, I got a prosport gauge in mine!
They look sweet ! I have to have one.
Just i doubt ill be able to fit myself, hence why im lookimg for someone too :p

P.s what mount did you use for the vent ?

Reactions: bentwenty and Keane
I used to have a shadow pro in my Vxr ! Really good gauge but expensive :/

Do it mate looks ace, I got a prosport gauge in mine!
I'd be interested in more info on how you did this. Is it the mechanical or electrical boost gauge? Where did you buy it? Did you need anything else to fit it? how did you run all the connection? Many thanks :)

Sorry for late reply guys, I used a tt osir vent mount, and I have the 60mm electrical stepper motor gauge, 52mm looks lost in my opinion but the mount will fit both! It runs off a sender mounted in the engine bay so only need to run wires through to the dash rather than a vacuum hose which is easier!

Reactions: bentwenty
Sorry for late reply guys, I used a tt osir vent mount, and I have the 60mm electrical stepper motor gauge, 52mm looks lost in my opinion but the mount will fit both! It runs off a sender mounted in the engine bay so only need to run wires through to the dash rather than a vacuum hose which is easier!
Have you got any links or info for where you got both the gauge and the mount? I can only find them on american websites, and the gauge I found on prosport is in PSI and looks different to yours. Cheers :)

Yeah have you got links ?

Also is that gauge a shadow one? So when the cars off the guage is black

I've got a BKD PD140 thats about to be mapped my Darkside, surely I shouldn't go over 2 bar?

You will.. Check the photo above and notice how the needle is off the scale rendering the gauge useless

My bkd boosted to 2.5bar/34psi when it was pushing 175hp

You will.. Check the photo above and notice how the needle is off the scale rendering the gauge useless

My bkd boosted to 2.5bar/34psi when it was pushing 175hp
Wow I'm surprised! I didn't think be running much more than 1.5 bar! Looks to me like the gauge in the picture above is doing the startup sweep as it's supposed to, although I could be wrong...

Wow I'm surprised! I didn't think be running much more than 1.5 bar! Looks to me like the gauge in the picture above is doing the startup sweep as it's supposed to, although I could be wrong...

That might well be possible, however, a certain person got a little defensive when I asked if the gauge was useless

I do know that when mine was plugged into the vagcom and under driving conditions the peak was 34psi which equates to roughly 2.5bar