EGT 1

S4_dan

Fire up the Quattro!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Fault...
17862 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Short to Ground
P1454 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Anyone know which side or where the EGT sensor 1 is located??

Cheers,

Dan

I THINK they're like the lamba sensors, but at the other end of the cat(s) although not exactly sure on an S4 layout. On my 1.8T there is the lamba at the front of the CAT then the EGT at the end of it.

Dan EGT are located in exhaust housings of turbo's, specifically between the exhaust turbine and downpipe

you can recognise it by braided metal wire cover leading up the rear of the engine

i'll see if i can get some pics to help you

as for bank 1 and bank 2 i always forget

i beleive cylinders numbers go, when facing head on the engine bay, left side front to back 1-3, and right front to back 4-6, you may need to confirm this but it may help you identify areas of the engine

I found the EGT on the left bank (when looking at front of car) and disconnected it. Ran vag com and error came up EGT 1 short to open.
Different fault but same sensor number.

So it's the more easier accessable sensor but still tricky looking at it though.

I'm getting a new sensor and 2 x 710N DV's plus 6 s/plugs off my mate through VW for £145.00 all in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I found the EGT on the left bank (when looking at front of car) and disconnected it. Ran vag com and error came up EGT 1 short to open.
Different fault but same sensor number.

So it's the more easier accessable sensor but still tricky looking at it though.

I'm getting a new sensor and 2 x 710N DV's plus 6 s/plugs off my mate through VW for £145.00 all in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn good price as I think the EGT costs more than that from Audi. Which
plugs are you getting?

£80 from vagparts.com looks like you have a good deal well done

Getting audi/ngk plugs i think they are. same as what is in now. they have audi logo on them and the plug number is same as ngk's...so pressuming NGK??

Its always handy to mates in the right places hey?!