O2 Sensors, Intermittent Errors..help

Madpete

Reaction score
So the car is coming upto service time soon, and to be honest its been running a little rough. Nothing major, just a bit spluttery at low revs, it takes the turbo what feels like an age to spool up from low revs and a feeling that its not running quite right.

It feels like its bogged down when you accelerate from a standing start, abit jerky and spluttery when crawling in traffic ( sometimes I have had to dip the clutch because it feels like to would cut out). When its idling the needle is solid and doesnt move.

Im not really that mechanically minded, but I am good technically so I've been running fault scans and a test scans from Torque (the android app).

The car has never thrown an engine management light, so when I run the fault scanner it says no faults stored in the ecu.

When I run the test though I get intermittent O2 senor failures (see pictures), Im not sure if these are genuine or just torque and the ecu not getting on well.

Does anyone use Torque? And have you seen similar? I dont have vcds, so I'd have to take it to a dealer I guess but I wondered if anyone had seen this, and if its a genuine fault...would that cause the symptoms I have?

My car is a 2010 A3 SB, with the 2.0 TSFI engine.

Can anyone offer any thoughts or advice?

Thanks, Pete.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-31-20-56-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-31-20-56-31.png
    290 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_2014-08-31-20-46-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-31-20-46-17.png
    611.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Right, found someone in the area with full VAG diags, gonna get a scan done and compare results.

I have the same problem. The MIL is on. I checked this with a cheap diag. And i got a couple of o2 sensor fault codes. At traffic, car is really jerky as you explained. Hope this is the cure to fix that

Hi yes, kind of....

I went to get my scan done, and when I got there the guy couldn't get his VCDS diags to work!

So I need to find someone else in the area (Wirral / Chester) who does full VCDS scans...that work ;-)

He said to me though that if it was an O2 sensor, the ECU would throw a code...which mine hasn't so far...not sure who or what to believe.

Anyone do or know someone who does full VCDS diags around here?

Similar scenario, different car.
Vauxhall Cursa which sounds like its doing the same thing. No EML, no faults but is really jerky in traffic, will sometimes start to pull when changing into second slowing down... have nearly visited the rear end of a few cars lately. When pulling away at low revs it pinks, rattles then reluctantly goes. It's had the after cat O2 sensor, plugs and coil pack changed so I suspect the first O2 or the MAP airflow sensor.

Interested to see how you get on..

oh, and VCDS, try here : http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/pages/VCDS-Map/

Reactions: Madpete