Paranoid About Parking?

just nipping in for a pint of milk takes me 10 minutes.... my RS6 is somewhere waaaay at the back of this picture, end space away from everything!! lol

938714C5-7D5A-42DB-87EB-C92CD4AF00FE_zpscotqzqoh.jpg

Reactions: Pulp84
I'd leave my trolley in front of that car, and maybe a few more just to **** them off lol

I have done the same as others have mentioned previously:
- park in the furthest corner of the carpark and usually will someone park next to me - usually a SUV with baby seats
- park on the left-hand side of columns so only one side of the car is at risk.
- park next to cars that are more expensive than mine (if they don't have baby seats)
- and if possible park in the street and walk to the shops.
- and never, ever use valet parking.

Drivers that occupy 2 bays to park their car in........

Yay or Nay?

https://www.facebook.com/spottedparking

Never done it but walked past cars parked that way (usually at supermarkets). Have walked past this sort of thing and just thought you are making yourself a target. Someone will take offence and probably bash it one!

Reactions: s3_trev and veeeight
I once had a woman that was employed to issue parking tickets for the local sainsbury's park so close to my car that it was impossible to get in by the drivers door. I found her and protested, politely, so she then issued me with a ticket for not being absolutely square within the lines. When the penalty letter arrived I complained to the manager and got it revoked, not that I would have paid it anyway, and a £25 shopping voucher.

I got fined once for parking my S8 out with the marked bays by Nottingham council...

there were 3 cars in the car park of 240 spaces...

I fought it, not only proving their spaces were too small for an S8, thus claiming discrimination, but the spaces were actually smaller than their own published guidelines... and calling the integrity and legality of the car park and council into question.

I took pictures of my car 'perfectly' in a bay, showing the overhangs front and rear... and that when in the bay, I have less than 30cm to the next car to open my door and get out.. S8 doors are pretty thick too... so probably less than 20cm...

they never bothered me again..... lol

Reactions: lucas-suisse, s3_trev and Pulp84
Never done it but walked past cars parked that way (usually at supermarkets). Have walked past this sort of thing and just thought you are making yourself a target. Someone will take offence and probably bash it one!
Yes exactly. I follow all of the rules in this thread but the taking two spaces up thing never really appealed to me for the exact same reason as you have just said. Even I think "what a ****" when walking past a car over two spaces...