Oil Level Sensor - Which Fuse?

Kev Boy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have been having this problem for about 6 months. Oil can with "SENSOR" written over it. This has been asked a lot of times on here but after doing a search on here/google, im not finding the answer i need.

I had it serviced when it first went wrong and thought some clean oil and a brand new sensor would fix the problem. I also had it reset with the VAGcom system. It turns it off for about 30 seconds and then it comes back.

It also doesnt appear if it is cold outside. If its mild to warm weather, its on constantly. I had the wiring / connections checked by a garage (i dont have a ramp or know where to look) and he said that it all looks like its brand new.

Another problem i have heard that could cause this is a specific fuse. Is any body able to tell me which fuse im looking for, names, amps etc just so i can rule this out.

Ive heard its linked to the bonnet catch and lifting the bonnet can reset it temporarily, which im going to try tonight. If they run off the same fuse, what should happen if the fuse is knackered? Should it not reset?

Has anybody got any idea on what else it could be? It has plenty of the best quality mobil 1 oil in it so its definately not low, it has been serviced by audi all its life. Its getting me down as every time i got in before it said "OK" and now it is beeping and showing up an error. The car is so clean and well cared for and this is ruining it for me...

Any ideas at all? Im getting desperate...

Thanks and any replies are very much appreciated.

Kev.