Fingers crossed for VCDS

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Have dropped the car back at the garage where he struggled to activate items before, with full instructions in how to access hidden menu and a wish list of items to activate:

Bluetooth
TPMS
Hill hold lite
Battery level
Emergency braking
Set to comfort mode instead of auto
Auxiliary ventilation
VIM
Import CDs to hard drive
Release brake without seatbelt on

Hopefully he'll do for free as he wanted to understand how to do it...

Reactions: RobbieWebs, Sandra and scotty76
So did TPMS and hill hold, got all phone stuff working but Bluetooth not working still, on way to collect it so will see what I can find, obviously didn't get enough time to do the others, are they coding or options to do in hidden menu without vcds as they'll leave the menu activated for me

Bluetooth
Hill hold lite
Battery meter
Cd to hard drive
TPMS

All working :)
Had to pay an hour labour in the end as they spent ages trying to make Bluetooth work as was just following instructions off this forum, which missed a fundamental VCDS coding piece out to enable the Bluetooth.. :(

Not a better feeling of getting mods activated on the car i reckon ;)
Would have been worth buying a genuine cable and doing it all yourself mate :)

I was the same, I had to pinch the kids laptop for vcds lol
Well Indy rates are always better than £110 + ph at Audi lol

Reactions: benjie and razza1
Can you tell me what comfort mode actually does also what is auxiliary ventilation?? Excuse me if I'm been silly but I have vcds and never tried it.

You can only do comfort mode if you have Audi Drive Select, it loosens the steering and suspension and better efficiency, ideal for round town or on bad roads.
When you turn the car on it automatically selects Auto mode, but as I take the school run in the morning in always changing it to comfort.
Then when the kids are out and I find the back roads it go into dynamic ;). Amazing bit of kit
Auxiliary vent allows you to set a timer to turn on heating or cooling without turning the car on. Would be great for winter to set it so it warms the car up without you even going outside

Ah right thanks for that, I don't have the drive select, but the auxiliary vent sounds like a good idea to me I will have a play when I next get it out to do a scan on the car. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

The auxiliary vents thing is for cars with an auxiliary heater - generally specc'd in Canada and cold countries. It's a petrol driven heater that you can set to come on at a certain time so you can get in the car and everything's warmed up. By enabling it, you can only select and use the timed fan function, as the car doesn't have the heater fitted, so it's only a good way of cooling the car in the summer. It's battery linked, so if your battery isn't in tip top condition, the fan speed will be limited. Cool feature though.

Comfort mode, like Razza said, is for cars with Audi Drive Select. When you start the engine, it automatically reverts to Auto. With that mod, it will change the default setting to Comfort (can also make Dynamic/Individual the default).