To sell or to break my S3 for parts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JA50N

Reaction score
I have a bit of a dilemma as I have replaced my S3 and need to sell it(I have it in classifieds eBay etc) but have had no calls or interest. The car is in lovely condition and standard apart from a, remap and miltek exhaust just wondering peoples views especially from people who have parted them out.
I have dismantled cars in the past so have no objection to doing this and have the room to do it.
It is a shame as the car has history and everything works, but just weighing up my options as it is currently on my drive going nowhere so trying to decide what to do if anyone has broken theirs for parts what sold and what was left and was it worth it.

putting the mileage on the advert might help, unless I've gone blind and cannot see it

Cheers had amended it on the other adverts missed this one it has done 105k

Breaking it you'll make about £6-9000 pounds depending on the parts the car has, the prices you set for them (higher takes longer), offering postage (sell more) and your luck working with buyers (happy attitude and a great knowledge helps selling and spotting opportunities). It's a huge amount of work though. I've done because I couldn't sell my car for 9 months! Plus you'll need understanding neighbours.....

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/sale-w...amk-bam-quattro-facelift-breaking-spares.html

9k - not a chance, this one is standard with a milltek

Reactions: Greg-S3
I would like to get around 4k if breaking. All the parts are good but standard which is how I wanted it as I needed a reliable everyday car but realise breaking a modded car would fetch much more
though if I was to break it I would need to sell something big like the engine first.

If you decide to break. I want the miltek please with ASN discount

Hi Sam11189
I am happy to accept offers for parts and if enough Interest at sensible prices I will break
I was going to put the engine for sale first and if I get enough interest in other parts will break it.
It is a shame but I have not had anyone come to view or call about it

Status
Not open for further replies.