ST VS H&R COILOVERS.HELP ME PLEASE!!

bogdinsr

Reaction score
Hello everyone.i want a few opinions.I want to get a set of coilovers.I was thinking to get st coils but i have a friend that sells a h&r monotube kit in good condition.i would buy the h&r because they are 300 euros.i dont know how is the ride with h&r and how low the rear can go.on their site it says 1.7" on rear wich is not much.i want to get maximum low.please tell me what i should do.some pics from you thah have st and h&r would be great.someones says that i should consider ap coils but i dont know how they are betwen st and h&r.Thank you very much!

Search for coilovers/lowering and you will find many pictures of people's cars...

H&R have a very good reputation and are generally regarded as a good make of springs for the A4, not 100% on coilovers but I see no reason why it should be any different to springs

From what I've read H&R coilovers have the reputation of being quite firm. STs are the same as Weitecs that are generally regarded as being comfortable. I have APs and are by far the most comfortable I've used, hard to believe they are coilovers and they do go very low.

From what I've read H&R coilovers have the reputation of being quite firm. STs are the same as Weitecs that are generally regarded as being comfortable. I have APs and are by far the most comfortable I've used, hard to believe they are coilovers and they do go very low.

what would you recommend between st and ap?Thank you!

what would you recommend between st and ap?Thank you!

Both are made by KW with AP being KW's started brand and the ST X basically being a galvanised version of the KW V1 Inox-Line.

In terms of ride they're very similar with the ST X being a step up in quality in terms of materials used and the build.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Both are made by KW with AP being KW's started brand and the ST X basically being a galvanised version of the KW V1 Inox-Line.

In terms of ride they're very similar with the ST X being a step up in quality in terms of materials used and the build.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thank you!!now I cand afford ap coils but I can wait and get st or eibach pro street.they say is a better ride and go lower.....what do you think?

Lowering range and ride quality would be very similar, build and materials used would be improved though.

Damian @ DPM Performance

After what you say best ride/price would be ap.Thank you!