Firmware Upgrade to Solve Phonebook Issue?

flippantaudi

Reaction score
Hi Audi folk

I put a post on a while ago about the data transfer from my iPhone to my MMI 3G seeming not to work (won't transfer phone book). After a lot of reading up on this subject, it appears a firmware upgrade might do the trick. I've literally tried everything else!

I'm running software version K0022_2_D1 at the minute.

Has anyone done an A6 firmware upgrade? Is it easy to do? My local Audi dealership were very vague in terms of cost and I'm a bit wary of this. Other forums (particularly the A5) seem to think it should cost just a few quid for the discs.

Thanks again B5NUT, I've been following your thread with much interest. Its something I'm really tempted to have a go at but scared I may end up bricking the system! I have located (I think) all the necessary files, but without the activation code they're useless!

Just keep searching with google for Audi map activation, your looking for a file it's not a code!

it could be as simple as walking to a dealership to buy official 5570 upgrade set (consists of 3 discs)... instructions on how are already available on the net and it takes around 45min-hour to do. the disc itself costs 4.99+VAT if I could recall and if you are tech savvy (know how to turn on computer) and have bit of a patience off you go :) - very easy and intuitive.

ah... my bad (blame it on me and Mon)... other members with 3G should be able to advise in that case.:whistle2: Soz