B5 S4 facelift Recaro question.

Greig300

Reaction score
Hello, I have a facelift year 2000 Audi S4 B5. I wanted a centre arm rest for it... A genuine one. Audi wanted over £400 for one. So Bought the following arm rest from ebay:

1999 AUDI A4 S4 BREAKING GENUINE GREY LEATHER ARMREST REAR PART CENTRE CONSOLE | eBay

When looking at the image for the armrest I thought it was the same colour as my recaros (black) But the plastic trim and the leather top are slightly different shades and the leather is grey. My question is are all S4 or even just A4s black centre arm rests/seats the same colour/shade of black as mine? Even if it's facelift or not? Also what's different about the S4s seats with recaro and the ordinary looking ones?

If I buy this centre arm rest...is it a better match? The seller says it's from a high spec A4

AUDI A4 B5 RECARO LEATHER ARMREST ARM REST 1.6 1.8 1.8T 1.9 2.0 2.3 2.5 2.8 | eBay

thanks

Last edited:
There are two dark colors.

Most A4's have "onyx" which is black. These cars have black dashboards/door cards etc.

A small number have an option called "slate grey". These cars have a two tone dashboard and door cards with the top half being black and the bottom a dark grey color. In these cars, i believe the console would be dark grey, not black.

Given the top of your arm rest is grey, it may well be that you have grey plastics on the armrest as well. Its hard to tell the difference just looking at the part on its own, but when you compare grey and black side by side they're immediately obvious.

Can you post a photo of the missmatch?

The armrests themselves are interchangable between all A4's Its just the console that needs to match the FL/PFL. The second link looks black, but like i say its very hard to tell from a photo alone. However most A4's have black leather, the grey is a fairly rare option.

There are two dark colors.

Most A4's have "onyx" which is black. These cars have black dashboards/door cards etc.

A small number have an option called "slate grey". These cars have a two tone dashboard and door cards with the top half being black and the bottom a dark grey color. In these cars, i believe the console would be dark grey, not black.

Given the top of your arm rest is grey, it may well be that you have grey plastics on the armrest as well. Its hard to tell the difference just looking at the part on its own, but when you compare grey and black side by side they're immediately obvious.

Can you post a photo of the missmatch?

The armrests themselves are interchangable between all A4's Its just the console that needs to match the FL/PFL. The second link looks black, but like i say its very hard to tell from a photo alone. However most A4's have black leather, the grey is a fairly rare option.

Thanks for your reply. Here is a couple of pics attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 295
yeh that looks like slate grey!

Was the rear console slate grey too?

Yeah the rear console was attached I removed that and used one that was in the car as it was a different colour also. Did they do recaro seats in the A4 B5? The same style as S4 and RS4s.

Last edited:
That looks like a passat armrest to me? In the picture where you see the front of it it's rounded but I've only seen squared off ones in a4s.

Thanks for the replys. I've just bought that black arm rest I'll post a picture when I receive it hope it matches. That seems quite a rare option for A4s and probably expensive at the time for recaros.

They were a rare option on S4's too. Infact i'd say i think i've maybe actually seen more TQS recaros as pictured above than S4 ones.