Warranties

shinsplint

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I've never bought a warranty for any of my previous cars, but since the new (used) one has 121K on the clock, im having a look around to see what I can get. Unfortunately the companies i've looked at so far won't touch anything with over 120K on the clock.

Has anyone here bought a warranty for a car with similar mileage? I'm interested in any opinions/experiences with warranties in general.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Don't bother, not worth a wet fart. Payouts are capped on items and they wriggle on everything. Works out cheaper to just sort it yourself if the worst happens. I'm on 173500 now and still waiting for an expensive bang.

As above, most warranties unless it's a full manufacturers warranty aren't worth the paper they are written on. Obviously some people have had a warranties and been able to claim on them but there are many people who thought they would be covered only to find out they weren't for what ever reason.

Agree with above, but if you want to do “something” put the money you’d pay on a warranty in a separate bank account.