Black edition upgrade help

Legend7

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am planning to upgrade my S line to look like black edition. Have some questions which I hope you can help answer

1) I have a multi function steering wheel, I would like to upgrade to the flat bottom one. Would the airbag from my steering wheel fit the flat bottom steering wheel ? Also will the control box in my steering wheel also work with the flat bottom steering wheel?

Q5steeringwheela

2) I want to change my lights for the black edition DRLs. Will this be a straight swap over???? or is there more to it?

3) To make it look identical to a black edition should I respray the grille to black or get it wrapped in black?

Hi

1. Flat bottom will be a straight swap plug and play with no coding via VCDS, your current airbag won't fit as flat bott airbag is round.

2. Xenon LEDs are a straight swap but to get them working you need to re-wire your current 10 pin headlight plug to 14 pin plug or buy kufatec adapters, then two wires need running into drivers footwell for Xenon shutters, or there's another way that I use which uses existing cables so no need to run extra wires in so looks OEM.
Once this is done you will need to code them in with VCDS then adjust the headlights manually so you don't blind on coming traffic once Xenons are on.

3. I would personally buy a black grill instead of painting or wrappig due to stone chips damaging paint or vinyl.

Reactions: Legend7
So basically I can buy a steering wheel which comes without a control loom. How much would a airbag cost??

Also will xenons need washers in bumper as I have seen some cars with them?

Your current airbag loom would need modifying for the horn to work, airbags usually go for £200

From factory Xenons come with washers and levellers, but once Xenons are fitted and adjusted correctly no need for them, won't fail MOT as some people say, they only fail on this if washers/levellers are fitted and don't work.

Mate just search eBay for prices as there's no set price unless there from main dealer . In which case ring your local dealer.

He wil already have it as it's already an s line

Reactions: lgooch