10.5j wheels what size tyres ?

TDI140

Reaction score
I need stretched tyres for my new wheels im getting tomorrow (sunday) they are 10.5J so unsure what to go for will 225/35/20 be ok or will i need 235/35/20 ?

Yes im getring 20's plan is to have arches widened :)

thanks

I need stretched tyres for my new wheels im getting tomorrow (sunday) they are 10.5J so unsure what to go for will 225/35/20 be ok or will i need 235/35/20 ?

Yes im getring 20's plan is to have arches widened :)

thanks

I don't want to come across as totally negative mate, honestly but you have a lovely motor there and clearly have spent a lot getting it to where it is, respect for that.

Have you no care for how the car handles at all? Honestly, 10.5J rims...? The chassis is designed for 7-8J, ok a little more is acceptable but a full 2.5 inches wider?? Not only that (if you can even drive the car on them without it rubbing all over the place) but then trying to stretch a tyre 2 inches more than it's made for?

Maybe i'm getting old or something and don't get "it" but that's extreme to the point that in my opinion you're going to spend an awful lot of money on something that's going to make your car drive like a bag of excrement and potentially be extremely dangerous at any kind of speed.....?

Even if you could modify the arches and what not, minimum tyre width for those rims would be 255 and optimal would be 265-275 and my guess is (I don't even want to look lol) that a 255-275, 20" tyre in any half decent compound is going to bend you over, take out an overdraft on your *** and have the tyre companies laughing all the way to the bank........ :ohmy:

I'm all for unique and testing the limits, it's your car after all, and yea "euro" does look kinda cool at a show but the old sensible fart in me begs you to reconsider :bye:

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
Its only for shows not for abusing it on them wheels, they will be kept as show wheels nd only put on for shows, just need stretched tyres for them so it looks good, i know it will be really slow nd hmdle like a Tractor but i dont really abuse it jut cruise lol scared of other road users hitting me

Im thinking 235/35/20 ????

P.S i have a few other sets wheels for my daily driving ones

I have 9.5J and stretched tyres on my A4. The tyres are within manufacturer's guidelines, they allow for stretch and i certainly dont consider them to be dangerous.

I have 9.5J and stretched tyres on my A4. The tyres are within manufacturer's guidelines, they allow for stretch and i certainly dont consider them to be dangerous.

What size should i get ? And what do you have on yours ?

The thing is,that whilst you may not consider them to be dangerous,the views of your insurers,and the police may differ.

The other point of course is that even if it does come down to opinion,in the eyes of the law,once you've been pulled over a couple of times it simply becomes irritating.

I don't personally like anything that trades handling for looks,but I do accept that some people like this sort of thing,but too much isn't always a good thing.

I see where you are coming from but it meets the tyre manufacturer specifications, they have guidelines so this is in my favour.

What size should i get ? And what do you have on yours ?

I would say 235 would be ok on a 10.5J, I have 225 on my 9.5J. Anything narrower than this is where it starts to get dangerous.

I've seen many crazy stretch at shows, duno how they get away with it