Memory card spec required

Oortam

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the specification of the memory cards that will work in the latest version of the Audi RNS-E system. I had the system in my 2012 Black version S3 stolen and replaced by Audi last month. When I bought a 32Gb card to load music it wasn't recognised by the system. I'm assuming the card isn't fast enough, or too fast. The manual says it will take 32Gb cards but doesn't specify any more than that.
Thanks in advance.

32GB should work. What card are you using and what class or speed is it?
Presumably you've loaded music onto it and all in MP3 format?

Thanks for the replies. I'll check the spec when I get home - I'm working away from home and won't be back for another 10 days. The music I loaded on the cards was the same music that was on the old ones so that should be OK. The memory cards I bought were the fast type for video and I wondered if they were too fast. I'll check when I get home and reply.
Cheers

The SDHC cards wouldn't work in mine. Had to be just SD card

Quick update. I have the same SDHC memory card recommended by MartayMcFly above. It is formatted to FAT32 and the music is in individual folders in Mp3 files. The system recognises I have a card in the slot as I named the card "MUSIC", and this name is listed as being in the slot. However it also tells me "no recognised files" and it doesn't list the folders. I tried putting an Mp3 file in the root directory of the memory card but it doesn't see this either. Anybody have any ideas?