Agu remap question

Mrharris2

Boost needed
Reaction score
Right might be a stupid question but no such hung as stupid Question I was told once lol... Is it best or essential to change my cambelt water pump s3 fuel pump and fmic before I go in or can I get a remap first and fit the fmic and cambelt after. Been waiting ages for a map and want it NOW!! thanks in advance guys. Ben

I'd personally change it all first. Especially the Cambelt etc, if it's due to be changed which I assume it is as your thinking about doing it then I personally wouldn't risk it.

I revo stage 1 mapped my agu golf with no history and 110k miles, bit of a risk i know but was fine, clutch went straight away, popped boost hoses off which when it happened i thought i truly blew the engine. my mods at the time were, 3 inch dp and decat, forge 007p, milltek res cat back and a panel filter. next owner after me was a mechanic and he changed the water pump and cam belt and other bits and bobs and its still running around on about 135k fine.

so its up to you, your going to have to change the clutch after so do it now and get the waterpump and cam belt done aswell as it will have to be done at some point anyway.

Sounds good I'm hoping for stage 2 at badger5 if all is good runs fine now. mines on 112k checked all boost hoses and so on fitted 3" turbo back exhaust 007p k03s uprated actuator pcv delete and catch can new coil packs and some lows. Definitely thinking of cambelt and water pump and forgot the clutch means remap will have to wait more ££ first lol

yeah the clutch will start slipping straight away if its a standard one, even just on a stage 1 map with ko3, let alone a ko3s.