Genuine Disc???

No chance. It will be a back up copy as the seller is open to offers on £29.99! There is another seller with genuine discs for £143 inc postage which is a big discount on the list price of these.

Cheers, If you think its too good to be true, it probably is.

My mates got an eBay one in his, works perfectly.. Why pay 100-200+ when you can pay 20-30?!

Last edited:
Reactions: shortfletch11
Wasn't there something on here recently about one of these getting stuck in the unit? I think the conclusion was to make sure the label that was stuck to the disc was removed before putting it in.

I never use a copy nav disc as it can ruin the laser, happened in my last nav. Now I only use genuine ones.

Wasn't there something on here recently about one of these getting stuck in the unit? I think the conclusion was to make sure the label that was stuck to the disc was removed before putting it in.

Yea, as long as you remove the label you will be fine. I've used many 'Backups' b4 in my RNS-E and probably saved myself a fair bit of £££.

Not sure how a backup disc can ruin the laser though, Lewbo???

I've heard that back-ups can cause the laser to 'jump' as it's trying to pick up data, over time this can cause it to become mis-aligned...

I'm in the market for an updated version and that same item, however I noticed it was using the same photo as another seller...that was enough to put me off. They all seem to be from Lithuania too!

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with the backup versions, used them in last 2 RNS-E with no problems.
All the so called issues above are laughable and don't even make technical sense.
Think of it this way, you would still burn some MP3's to CD/DVD and still use that in the drive, if you don't use the SD cards obviously.

Reactions: RedDejavu
Use a backup disc. The 'problems' mentioned above are load of rubbish. If the disc got stuck it's too thick cos of the label not because it's a backup

Last edited:
Well ebay add is for a copied disc. As above backup discs are fine, been running them for the last 8 years from MK1 to MK2 RNS-E and 2G MMI all my Audi's and Audi's in the family run them and never had a problem.

Cheers for the replies, I found a guy selling his 2013 disc (up to date enough for me) for £20 and received that, not tried it out yet. I take it there are no compatibility issues with going from such an old version (2006) to the 2013 version

I just updated mine from a 2007 version to a 2013 also. I didn't experience any issues but did get worried when it first flashed up that there was no disc! It then recognised it and started loading, which took about 5-10mins, it was fine afterwards, once loading had completed.