VCDS Login issue

TeezAudiA4

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just retro fitted a cruise control stalk and new steering wheel control module, actually a really easy thing to do (followed some instruction on here but also found differences to the instructions, so will feed them back with photos).

I've found the cruise worked straight away before it went to be coded, great, but as many other on here have found the ABS / ESP lights flash and need to be re-coded, so I'd already arranged for my mechanic to do this but he's having an issue with his VCDS 12.12.

He borrowed it from another mechanic who says its genuine 'I brought it from the USA a few months back' so not sure if user error or he was sold a dummy when out there.

The issue is when typing my login code of 09555 (2004, Audi A4 - salon - manual box - 1.9TDi), the login screen disappears, so looking ok, but then when hitting the coding - 07 button the coding window appears and in the top right its says "Warning Login lost due to dropped session" is this an issue with the software, my laptop or a special coded message that Ross-Tech put in for un-genuine copies??

any ideas are appreciated.

cheers.

Last edited:
A dropped session is a communications issue between the PC and the control module. Anti-virus running? Could do it.

Does this happen after the computer has been running a while? Could be USB ports being shut down in low power mode.

Might be more going on.

A dropped session is a communications issue between the PC and the control module. Anti-virus running? Could do it.

Does this happen after the computer has been running a while? Could be USB ports being shut down in low power mode.

Might be more going on.

Cheers for the reply, you could be right as the battery on my laptop died forever yesterday (which we were using at the time) and does have some battery management features running. I'll get him to get his mate to put the software on his laptop with the software and try it.

thanks