Led number plate lights

Brennan

Former Audi Driver
Reaction score
Ordered a set of 36mm festoons for my car, fitted them but they are a loose in the holder, you can spin them right round in the holder and sometimes they won't even light up when the car is on, if I tap the holder they come on

Read on many forums that it takes 36mm so was a bit annoyed that they are a bit short.

Originally orderd 38mm but they were too long, and the 36mm is too short so I'll have to order 37mm
Has anyone had this problem?

Last edited:
I tried that in the early days. I tried bending the little tabs a bit to hold them tighter but mine still slowly moved. In the end I got so fedup I brought a genuine pair from a dealer on the German ebay at a good price. Maybe worth keeping an eye out.

The genuine led lights are a complete unit instead of a bulb.

i briefly read a few of his posts on here and i dont think he has any that works properly on the B8. The ones i got work perfectly fine, no errors on the dash. They are just too loose for the holders

they dont show errors
iv got them in a A5

Last edited:
I've brought number plate full housing from that same company and still throw up errors in Audi A3 2010 8P. They said try the resistors which is nada for me

I have Trups LED number plate bulbs, ice white and absolutely no errors, been in 3 months

Got sorted, had to bend the pins a little, no bulb errors at all

Also private reg on :)

10432482_10152493350037140_6124252425172642142_n.jpg

Looks good Aaron, glad you got sorted in the end! :)

Reactions: Brennan