Classic Car Rescue - Channel 5 (Bit of a rant too)

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
So I noticed this was on last night on Channel 5 between 7 and 8.

It was the episode with the Ferrari Mondial, so my 4 year old Son and I sat down to watch it as he is very interested in cars, however I had to switch it off, due to the language in the program!!

Have I missed something or is the word s#it ok to say before the watershed and ok to be aired so early, considering his bedtime is normally 7.30 - 8.00 and its school hols so he is allowed to stay up a little later, he was allowed to watch it, we were both disappointed that we had to turn it off.

Wouldn't have bothered me normally, but we are going through the 'why' phase at the moment, so everything needs a full blown explanation and I dont think the word is appropriate....just yet!!

Anyway rant over, dont know how the program ended, but thought I would give you guys a heads up that the program is on.

Cheers
Nilz

Reactions: jojo
Understandable mate, been there already. You are doing the right thing of course... In time, they will be referred to as the 'F' or 'S' word, you need to explain to them to not use these words, at the same time as explaining the meaning of them! Fun times ahead!, never mint explaining the birds and the bees talk! Haha

Back to the show itself, it's an interesting show to watch, but can't help feeling the two guys are over exaggerating their reactions and personalities for the show. For the love of cars was put together better in my opinion, but as a car enthusiast, it's worth watching both shows in my opinion.

Reactions: kwistof, Nilz and warren_S5
To be honest, I dont mind explaining the words, it was just more of a shock to see it being used at that time, and I didnt expect to be explaining just yet. Im hoping I got there before he picked up on it, so we will stay quiet for now...lol.

I will have to watch the program back on catch up as didnt get to the end of it, like you Jo, as a car enthusiast, its worth watching both of the shows.

Understand your concern.

The show !! do the makers think were stupid, they have a team to do all the work then tell you the labour costs for four weeks work is £2800, yeh right

This programme frustrates the hell out of me. Great idea but those two 'presenters' are a pain. Bernie in particular.

That's the problem, swearing is such an integrated thing in society these days unfortunately & I myself need to address this a tiny weeny bit, I'm not exactly a Tourette's sufferer, far from it, but I do recognise a conversation where some words come out & I wish I would have more control, as in don't swear full stop, but on tv programmes it really isn't needed.

Reactions: Nilz
All that hard work 'restoring' that car...... Then they stuck those wheels on it....?!

You just wouldn't.

ALL THE GEAR AND NO IDEA springs to mind, hate it when that happens, i dont hear it now but my 9 year lad soon tells me, lol.

The "Why" stage is such fun "not" mine is due to be ten soon, and he is still "why" to everything

Reactions: Nilz
I can remember when i asked a " why " question when i was a kid my parents answer was Y is a crooked letter & you can't bend it straight. lol