1.9tdi lowering

boothy94

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have what I think is a duff spring and I want to get it replaced but I've also been meaning to lower the car, I've only recently bought it so it's currently standard and I'm wondering if I put in 40mm lowering springs will I encounter any problems? I also have a knock coming from the offside front and was wondering what you guys think it might be. Thanks
its a 1.9tdi 3door btw

Hi mate, I have just lowered my tdi on 30mm springs with 17 inch alloys and the difference is unreal like driving a new car! In my personal opinion 30 is the lowest I would go on springs that way nothing additional Will have to be done to the car.

As for the knocking, Isit coming from the top or underneath the car?

Hi mate, I have just lowered my tdi on 30mm springs with 17 inch alloys and the difference is unreal like driving a new car! In my personal opinion 30 is the lowest I would go on springs that way nothing additional Will have to be done to the car.

As for the knocking, Isit coming from the top or underneath the car?

Alright cheers mate, does it look much different? I have 15 inch wheels on it at the moment (5 spokes). Have you got a photo by any chance? And the knock seems like underneath

Looks loads better

Attachments

• CAM00110.jpg
    CAM00110.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 96
Looks slightly lower at the back for some reason

Attachments

• CAM00111.jpg
    CAM00111.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 88
Yeah that's a really nice car mate, looks sweet, might do that then

Cheers mate :) as for that knock I'd get that wheel off and have a good look at the drop link, anti roll bar Bush, cv joint/boot etc, might be something in there looking a bit tired out

Cheers mate :) as for that knock I'd get that wheel off and have a good look at the drop link, anti roll bar Bush, cv joint/boot etc, might be something in there looking a bit tired out

Yeah waiting for the rain to hold off haha but yeah 30mm all round looks good, just want to improve the look and handling, but don't ever want to scrape anything :)

That's exactly what I was going for, looks much better and the handling difference is incredible

That's exactly what I was going for, looks much better and the handling difference is incredible
Is yours on lowering springs or coilovers? Don't suppose you have a link for where you bought them from do you?

Just springs, would have loved coilovers but they are quite pricey, there are some cheap kits out there but I don't trust them to be honest! Got mine from eBay will have a look and send you a link

I'm not sure tbh cause I know you can get coilies for about £200 (cheap ones) and springs alone for like £50-£60 but if you say yours have tightened up the ride and improved handling then I will check them out :)