Booked stage 1 @ Badger at long last

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Even tho i have booked it as far ahead as october 10th at least its done ;) making a trip of it as the day after is audi driver international.... got some saving to do !

Its a long drive from Cornwall to Bills, get someone to check your car with VCDS ( and have a smoke test if vcds shows the need for one.) sort all boost leaks and faults before you go.
;)

I had mine plugged in last week and i had 4 codes but they all made sense so they will be sorted before i go ill try and get it smoke tested before also hopefully she doesnt leak to much !

Pop in and see Phil Miller in Launceston, he'll smoke test it and scan it then not far to get back onto the a38. It's mostly a straight line once you're over the bridge

Ah cheers lavis but ill probably go to a m8 who i think has a smoke testing machine in longrock near penzance failing that if he doesnt ill go to RK engineering in st agnes i sure they have one there

Someone with VCDS will be able to check if you have a boost leak, the S3 is prone to them, the smoke tester will then pin point where the leak is.
The coil packs are also prone to fail after a remap if they are not new, I always ask customers to get new coil packs fitted on an S3 before a remap if they are original. :)

Ah thanks for the advice im waiting for payday at the end of thos month to plug her back in and a smoke test.ill have a look online after that for some coil packs and see if its worth getting them in the next 2 momths before my trip to badger

my coilpacks seem to be invincible, never changed one since i've had the car!
(also never changed a spark plug, got a fresh set ready to go soon though)

Someone with VCDS will be able to check if you have a boost leak, the S3 is prone to them, the smoke tester will then pin point where the leak is.
The coil packs are also prone to fail after a remap if they are not new, I always ask customers to get new coil packs fitted on an S3 before a remap if they are original. :)

vcds wont point to a leak ..... smoke test ftw every time. cut to the actual check for black/white result imho

Reactions: Rick @ Unicorn Motor Dev.
this is something ive been wanting to do for a long time, but every time i book something ****** goes wrong with my car -.-

hopefully ill be getting a badger map soon though, fingers crossed

Reactions: S3_NDJ