Remaping and speed?

Compkiler

Reaction score
Hi lads/lasses,

If you have a stage 1 remap, mines going to be with Celtic Tuning... Whats the 0-62mph time? Does the acceleration get a lot quicker or is it just mid range?

Also, have any of you guys had the top speed limiter disabled with a stage 1 remap? If so what ya reckon the top speed is?

Thanks guys.

Ps. Only just got my S3 last week and loving it :)

If you want to get into drag runs,you will take a bit off the 0-60 times,but so much comes down to how unsympathetic you can be with the clutch and transmission.

Mid-range acceleration and torque are much more important,and you will notice a good improvement even at Stg1 over the stock map.

I think if you are going to be launching the car alot trying to find out/improve 0-62 times you will be needing a new clutch very soon. However i would imagine with aggressive mapping it would improve the 0-62.

For me the stage 1 was much more about the mid range and torque as that suits my driving style a lot more.

Reactions: S3Alex
Ok thanks guys for your input :) im really looking forward to having her remapped now! :-D

I've managed a 0 - 60 of 4.98 Stg 1 with a CAI. That was a full launch though with hard changes. Tend to get around 5.2 with more clutch friendly starts

I never tired in stock form but the S3 feels very flat without a remap

I've managed a 0 - 60 of 4.98 Stg 1 with a CAI. That was a full launch though with hard changes. Tend to get around 5.2 with more clutch friendly starts

I never tired in stock form but the S3 feels very flat without a remap

I'd agree re the car in stock form.

It always felt as if it needed a LOT more.....then it got it.

Reactions: Brodster
I think its fast as **** anyway tbh! Im just hoping mine hasnt already had a remap then lol.....

I think its fast as **** anyway tbh! Im just hoping mine hasnt already had a remap then lol.....

You can always have more....

I came from a couple of heavily modified Cosworths and it did feel a bit flat,but now it feels nearly right.