what are my choices..... :(

Reaction score
New engine build... started... ran for 5 minutes.... small oil leak around sump / gearbox side.... could be sump but could be rear main seal.... did have a new one fitted (not by me. By garage) so what do I do!? Could risk driving it on short journey see if it stops? But would this risk oil contaminating the brand new clutch!?? Really stuck for ideas! Is it common for these seals to be dodgey? Literly only got 4 weeks til mapping with bill.... and havnt got a single mile on her yet... its gunna be a close one hah! Check my build thread for more info on the build... thanks for any help james.

Have you used ARP mains studs and did you clearance the sump flywheel end? (sorry, can't remember your build specifics)

<tuffty/>

Yeh they have been used. An did gring some off the sump to clear got the photos from your thread. Gunna try doing the seal on weekend havnt got any other choices really. Need to get it done!

check that there are no witness marks in the sump where cap 5 is... you may not have removed enough material and this will provide enough gap at the back for oil to leak out...

I would check this prior to the rear seal... the rear seal will leak if not fitted correctly typically if the lip of the seal flips and is facing out towards the flywheel

<tuffty/>