DTUK Tuning Box - 2.0TDI CR

AU11 ALS

Reaction score
Ok so after covering almost 3k this month since taking delivery I've been very impressed with performance of the engine as standard, achieved from the cars calculations nearly 42mpg which I'm not too unhappy with considering my average speed (up until last night which made it drop significantly after being stuck on m40 for sometime!)

Performance has been strong, delivered what I needed and was certainly better than my previous car that had the 2.0 TDI 140 engine...

However I had purchased the tuning box in the week before the car was delivered and haven't made time to fit it. What a mistake!

The car is transformed, in dynamic it has buckets of torque, acceleration is superb as well as the mid range power. I know it won't compare to you guys with big petrol engines but I'm very impressed

The motor is running well, no lumpiness, power delivery is smooth and controlled as long as I use the loud pedal sensibly!

My main reason for getting this however was to improve mpg on motorway runs, by improving torque and engine speed at cruising mph I'm hoping to see the biggest gains. Doing circa 45k per annum if I can save 10% on fuel it will be a significant benefit.

Having owner a revo'd Golf MK4 1.8T for a number of years in a previous life I'm pleased to say I think the A5 will put the power down slightly better and with sensible control I shouldn't see too much additional tyre wear.

Will monitor MPG over coming weeks and update again.