A3 Boot won't Open

shazz316

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking for a bit of help.
I have a 2007 Audi A3 2.0 TDI Quattro (4 door) and the boot door won't unlock or open.
The only way I can open the boot door is by using a screwdriver to manually release the catch from inside which is a complete pain. There's no key hole in the boot door either.

When I press the 2 unlock buttons (door unlock and boot unlock buttons) on the key fob in a number of different combination of presses nothing happens, there's absolutely no sound from the lock.
When I press the unlock button on the drivers door again nothing, no sound from the boot lock.
When I press the soft touch release pad on the boot door again nothing except for a very faint clicking sound from the microswitch on the soft release pad.

All other 4 doors open and lock OK.

I unplugged the cable to the boot catch and checked with a volt meter and there is 12 volts coming down this cable to the boot catch.

Do I have a faulty boot catch only, or is it a programming issue or is the microswitch on the soft release pad also faulty or would it be something else or a combination of these?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Boot catch has become faulty due to water leaking from the rear washer jet.