Interior Stickers/decals....

jdw88rm

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For those that have used the climate control, radio or other interior stickers/decals would you recommend rubbing the old ones off THEN applying the new ones or just stick straight over?
Also, how do I go about getting the climate control unit out??
Many thanks !

I wouldnt recommend using them at all as they will react with the plastic like mine have and all bubble up and look much worse

Mine worked great, you'll need to scrape all the plastic off first. This is dead easy, but if you don't do it then you'll never get a smooth finish. There's two bolts holding the unit in I think, take the radio out and you'll see them.

OMG have you seen this done??

Go to the "what have you done to your b6 today" thread, sorry to who ever it was but it looked terrible, i would rather have faded buttons than a state!!

Reactions: Welshquattro
OMG have you seen this done??

Go to the "what have you done to your b6 today" thread, sorry to who ever it was but it looked terrible, i would rather have faded buttons than a state!!

STICKERS!!!

If you're happy with the look, fair play. Wait for a really hot sunny day and they'll be sliding about. Ugh!!

I wouldn't fit them so no personal experience, but my car is red hot during the summer, hard to touch the interior initially if you get the picture of my point that's all. Stickers in a hot environment don't mix.

UPDATE - they're sh*t. Either too big or too small depending on which part of the interior you are 'revamping'. Wish I hadn't bothered lol
Just gonna keep my eyes peeled for a decent condition headunit and climate control unit etc

I think the problem as always is the quality of the units, when they first came out they were only available from one seller and were of good quality. Judging by the amount of sellers offering them now over recent months, combined with the negative reports I think many sellers have jumped on the bandwagon and they're not of the same quality.

Not the best pic as was taken just now and on my iPhone but you can see some of the gaps around the stickers...

the above pic doesn't look that bad,yeah there is a gap in some of them but on the whole it looks passable far better than the patchy scraped or worn look !!