1/4 Mile times

S3 stage 1 was 13.2 at santa pod. Not a great start and the rain came so didn't run again.

13.2 sounds good! I'm running it at York at the weekend, I've not been on a strip with 4wd yet so I'm not expecting great things

I've found the 4WD on the S3 easy to launch with as the front wheels will allow a little bit of spin.

In my Evo 8 it was clutch slip, bog down or break something most of the times. Admittedly the times I got it right it was so fast off the line.

I need to find the time slip out to confirm 60ft time etc but I think my terminal speed was 109mph

Well it didn't go so well, I need schooling on how to take off in it, I couldn't beat the time I set in my saxo! Terminal speeds were around 98 best I did was a 15.01s.... terrible!

Well it didn't go so well, I need schooling on how to take off in it, I couldn't beat the time I set in my saxo! Terminal speeds were around 98 best I did was a 15.01s.... terrible!

Oh dear, Each to their own but I personally use about 5k and not drop the clutch but come off very quickly and as you know you've got it right go to full power. Never hold the car on the bite though or you'll have no clutch left to pull off with :crying:

Very impressive, can you post your 60ft times etc? Also what mods have you done to get 400ft/ibs?
Cheers mate. I've posted my slip up for you, Mods are: TBE, MTC + ITG air filter, Airtec cooler, Revo throttle pipe, CTS turbo discharge pipe, autotech HPFP internals, TTRS LPFP and water meth. And tuned by R-Tech

View attachment 32050

Attachments

• IMG_3538.jpg
    IMG_3538.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 199
Cheers mate. I've posted my slip up for you, Mods are: TBE, MTC + ITG air filter, Airtec cooler, Revo throttle pipe, CTS turbo discharge pipe, autotech HPFP internals, TTRS LPFP and water meth. And tuned by R-Tech

View attachment 32050

Really, really impressed!!!! DSG remap to break the 11s?

They say 0.1 off the 60ft is 0.2 off the ET so I think it would be possible to do with your setup

Already has the DSG map. Not much else I can do to it now unless I change the turbo lol. I would like to think I could get into the 11's but I was constantly getting 12.2-12.4. So I think I'll struggle to get that 0.2 off.

Awesome time there fella! Credit were credit due very impressive!!

:applaus:

Reactions: H17YD L
Already has the DSG map. Not much else I can do to it now unless I change the turbo lol. I would like to think I could get into the 11's but I was constantly getting 12.2-12.4. So I think I'll struggle to get that 0.2 off.

Shed some weight, lightweight alloys are a good start.

What about a haldex controller like what HPA offer?

I got 13.4 with stage 1 (manual gearbox) and a fairly conservative (not clutch stripping!) launch. 0-60 was 5.3 from memory. I haven't tried it with S2/S2+ but would hope for quite an improvement.

Assuming you have manual, you need to get up a fair amount of revs and then be prepared to basically side step the clutch if you want the fastest launch (although seeing Caney on a low loader at the Pod means this isn't always the best approach!). There is quite a bit of skill involved (translate - brutality!) if you want a quick time, but I'm not the man to ask re: technique as I'm not the quickest.

Mechanical sympathy goes out the window if you want a good time, an S2+ car should be seeing 12.xx without a doubt.

No not at all!

Just so impressed with all these times its great to have a reference for times = Mods

Keep up the good work!

Shed some weight, lightweight alloys are a good start.

What about a haldex controller like what HPA offer?

That's the one mate, TD pro race 1.2's and a haldex controller but I've spent enough hahaha!

Reactions: RobH_S3
Haha no worries, I think a high 12 is the ballpark figure for a "good" time. That leader board is pretty old now, I did that time over 3 years ago, you can see a stage 2+ S3 further up the board in 5th and that was done around the same time.

Cars with s-tronic have it oh so easy though, very consistent, you cant really go wrong. My new S3 8v did 12.7 with just an exhaust yesterday at York everything else completely stock. Out of all my runs my highest time was a 12.8 amazing consistency.

The new S3's and golf R's are going to be well into the 11's with ease (when tuned I mean)

Good time that! When I was at the pod the was a fella there with a new S3. Completely stock and he was getting 12.9 secs so that exhaust seems to of unlocked some more potential

Reactions: RobH_S3
Just came back from santa pod done 13.05 with 106 mph n 2.06 60 ft for stage 1 dsg im pleased :)